My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 30, 2007

First Birthday Bash - Part 1

Today is a special day for me .... I celebrated my first birthday at The Melt in the Oriental Hotel. My actual birthday is 31 Dec 2006, but since 30 Dec 07 is a Sunday, Daddy and Mummy decided to celebrate my birthday one day earlier.


I wore my new birthday dress that Daddy bought from the States .... and my new Osh Kosh walking shoes that Mummy bought in Singapore ... They say on my birthday, I must wear new clothes and shoes ... to give a brand new ME !!!

Since I was early for my celebration, I decided to explore the hotel and see what is there in store for me ...

Wow, the hotel is so big and there is a big christmas tree in the middle of the lift lobby .... But isn't christmas already over ???

Soon, everyone came for my birthday celebration ... there were 爷爷, 奶奶, 姑姑, 叔叔, 公公, 舅舅 and 秀美姐姐(舅舅 girl-friend, soon to be my 舅母 next year) !!! Felt so happy with so many of my loved ones coming to my birthday party.


I tried to put on my best behaviour during lunch time and had my pasta fast-fast so that Daddy Mummy can go have their food .... errr .... I try to behave lah .... but you know, Daddy, you still got to be patient when feeding me ....



Photos taken around The Melt ....


Daddy and Mummy fed me some fruits from the buffet .... my favourite dragonfruit and rock melon .... see how I am enjoying the fruits .... especially when I can feed myself






The night before, Mummy made me my very FIRST birthday cake! And it was a special birthday cake ... since I am allergic to milk and eggs, Mummy had to bake my milkless and eggless carrot and apple cake (Mummy found this recipe from the Net). She decorated it nicely .... It's the 1st time Mummy made a fondant cake... everything was made from scratch...










TA DA!! The end result!! Isn't it beautiful? Mummy painstakingly made all the decorations herself... she had wanted to make more roses for the cake.. but the fondant starting to absorb moisture in the air and became too sticky to handle, so Mummy only managed to do these 6... and of course cutting my name out free hand... reminded Mummy of art and craft classes


















And the special moment that we are all waiting for ... the cake cutting ....




After 3 hours of celebration, I was walking out of the hotel happily with my ang baos in a bag .... the present from 秀美姐姐 was too big for me to hande alone so Daddy helped me carry it.




And the next moment, I am zzzzzzz in the stroller .... tired from all the excitement !!!














More excitement to come .... in Part 2

No comments: