My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 23, 2011

冬至2011

On Thursday, 爷爷 went to fetch me from school at 430 pm .... and the reason was that day happened to be 冬至, so 奶奶 will be making 汤圆 for all of us. Since now is the school holidays period, and lessons have officially stopped, with only holiday program for us, so Mummy decided to let me get off school earlier.

And once I reached 爷爷 place, I told 奶奶 that I wanted to help her make 汤圆. Since my index finger was hurt and all bandaged up, I had to wear gloves on my right hand ... super funny right ??? Haha




The 汤圆 that people are used to, are those with fillings (eg. peanuts / black sesame / red bean) and cooked in sweet / ginger soup. However, the 汤圆 that the Kuan family makes are small round shaped dough, with no fillings, and cooked in sauvory soup, somewhat like the Shanghai 年糕 ... unique right ???

Anyway, after making the round shaped 汤圆, and 奶奶 went to cook them, I decided to use my little imagination to make figurines out of the dough. Can you try to guess what I have made ?

A penguin !!! Daddy thought it looked more like a slug or something like that

Should be easy .... Butterfly !!!

And this is a rabbit !!!! See the log ears on top, big eyes and a little tail on the right

For those who have not guessed correctly, it shows you lack some bit of imagination !!! Time to go and do some Playdoh fun !!!

No comments: