My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reflections ....

Daddy and Mummy decided to look back at some of my photos and see how much have I grown over the 3 years ....

One Year Old. Still having a chubby face, with baby look. Figured out that I have milk, egg and nuts allergy so food selection has been the emphasis since young. Hated Isomil that I went on a hunger strike for almost 3 months !!!! Luckily, my heavy weight at birth provided the "ammunition" during the hunger strike .... Weight at 25th percentile, height at 50th percentile...... a far cry from the 90th percentile for weight and height at birth. Started to walk at 11 months and on my birthday, I was ready to walk all around. Hated soft and mushy food like porridge and ready to munch rice (like what people normally say : 还没学走就想学飞). Feeding me is an absolute nightmare...... Speech was still lacking .... daa daa dee dee, only confused Daddy and Mummy. Ha ha Two Years Old. Speech improved tremendously one month after I joined full day child care .... even managed to drink Isomil, with the encouragement from my teachers and friends ... and I really meant lots of encouragement since they had to clap hands for every SPOONFUL of Isomil that I drank (big applause for my patient teachers) !!! Peer pressure have me eating by myself .... My eating habits have greatly improved.... weight finally hitting 50th percentile, height 75th percentile..... my baby features seemed to have disappeared slightly ... no more baby soon .... except still sucking my little thumb when I was bored and sleepy

Three Years Old. Standing and hopping on one leg, running everywhere and anywhere. Can hold a conversation with everyone and become the 反对党 is the way to go .... kept using phrases like "But .... 可是 ..... No lar .... you said wrongly lar ....". Sent to reflection corner more often to reflect on my actions so that I can learn from my mistakes. Eating habits is more defined: I will eat loads when its my favourite food. Will feed myself and guai guai finish my food when I am alone with Mummy.... With daddy, I'm still a baby!! I expect to be fed and will start running around!!!WAHAHAHA!!! Weight is finally slightly above 50th percentile, height is 75th percentile. Oh by the way, I refuse to sit on baby chairs anymore!!! On the whole, definitely no more a baby, since I considered myself as 大人 (favourite phrase being : Nursery 是大人了, 只有 playgroup 和 toddler 是 baby). The only consistent feature that showed that I am still a baby is that I like sucking my delicious thumb !!!


Time really flies .... 3 years have gone by, with my allergy slowly getting better, although not fully out grown of the allergy yet (will provide an update on my allergy in Mar). Daddy keep counting down to the age when I turn 21 .... and that means 18 more years to go .... big sigh from Daddy, ha ha (wonder if he has anymore hair to lose or any more black hair to turn grey).


Till then, I shall continue to be a happy little gal (or rather 小大人).... with Daddy, Mummy and all my loved ones watching over me .... and sucking my little delicious thumb !!!

No comments: