My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

大年初二

By tradition, the second day of CNY is the day that we 开年 ... ie. the start of the new year. And to celebrate this day, we always prepare a feast. So same as last year, we had it in our house, with everyone coming over : 爷爷, 奶奶, 姑姑, 叔叔, 公公, 舅舅, 舅母 and this year, we also have 表妹 and Earle 姐姐 joining us !!!

A big feast awaiting. Mummy woke up early to prepare for the lunch. There is spinach with abalone slices, fried calamari and ebi (prawns), pig's trotters with sea cucumber (prepared by 奶奶), soy sauce chicken and fish maw soup ... yummy yummy !!!

Of course, must have Mummy's signature dish every CNY .... home-made 鱼生
Preparing to 捞鱼生, saying all the auspicious phrases while adding in the condiments

I helped to distribute the chopsticks to everyone ... dun say I never do my part

And the ACTION BEGINS !!!! 捞个风生水起, 学业进步 (refers to 叔叔), 快高长大 (refers to 表妹 and me), 大家身体健康 , 工作顺心, 横财正财马上来 !!!! It was the first time for Earle Jie Jie


Everyone tucked in for lunch around the long table .... we only extended this table during festive seasons when we have everyone around .... good chance for interaction as well. Mummy's first attempt at fish maw soup turned out well, delicious ....

After lunch, it is play-time !!! I shared all my toys with 表妹 and we played together .... more like I am 'forcing' 表妹 to play with me .... ha ha

Photo time !!!
See how happy 表妹 is when Mummy lifted her up in the air ....


And then came 姑姑's turn to carry 表妹. But poor Daddy, whenever he tried to carry 表妹, she will soon cry after a while ... think she is at this stage whereby she has a phobia of guys .... ha ha, just like me when I was at this age . Daddy, try harder, OK ??

Oops ... kenna caught drinking packet green tea again !!!




Guess what is inside the red box ??? My favourite : muai chee


And came dessert time. 姑姑 made this almond longan dessert ... see the chinese character 福 imprinted on the jelly

So while everyone was enjoying the jelly, I ate only the longan (since I am allergic to almond) and 表妹 ate her apple

I finally slept at 3 pm, so that I can be fresh again to join the evening celebration at my great granduncle's house !!!

No comments: