My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

4th Birthday Celebration - Round 2 (Home)

This year, since Christmas Day happened to be on Saturday, so Daddy and Mummy decided to hold my birthday celebration with my family at our place, instead of going to a restaurant. Can celebrate my birthday and also celebrate the festive season.

All my birthday presents around the christmas tree ... waiting to be unwrapped soon ....

We started decorating the house ....

And I commented, this looked like Mickey Mouse ... haha, creative thinking, isn't it ??

Mummy ordered Kriston Catering. They had this christmas bundle, which is good for about 12-15 pax. And if we ordered before 13 Dec, they also waive off the delivery charge. And paying by credit card, there was a further 10% discount ... so all in all, the bundle cost $288. The menu is as follows :

1. Caesar salad with smoked salmon
2. Xmas epicurean platter

3. Crispy boneless chicken tight with orange sesame

4. Slow cooked duck with chestnut and northern mushroom

5. Sauteed shell prawn with salt and spring onion

6. Pacific dory fillet with light tumeric curry sauce

7. Xiao bai chye with mixed mushroom

8. Wok fried fragrant XO rice with BBQ chicken

9. Mango pudding with fruit cocktail and mint leaves

Then Mummy cooked a few items to add to the spread :

1. Seafood chowder soup (Mummy cooked it from the frozen packs from Fassler)

2. Half-shelled scallop with cheese (frozen half-shelled scallop from Fassler. Mummy baked the scallop with cheese in the oven)

3. Jellyfish as appetiser

4. Fruits (grapes and pineapple from 奶奶)

5. Mochi ice-cream (from Kings)

6. Choya wine / red wine / beer (from Daddy and 舅舅)


Everyone tucked in ... and the verdict ???

Food from Kriston was great. Only exception was the prawns ... not that crispy. XO fried rice was not salty but yet tasty. The platter was unique and the duck was really great. Cooked till the meat was tender. In fact, Kriston provided cutlery, table cloth and even trash bags. Daddy and Mummy thought since it was only for a small group (12-15 pax), Kriston would not have provided all these and went ahead to buy them .... the food came in nice solid containers (not those filmsy disposable types), and Daddy / Mummy washed them so that they can be recycled in future.

表妹 woke up from her nap and was taken aback when she saw so many people in the house. Then she started to cry. So in the end, 舅母 had to bring her inside my room to play with my toys
After some time, 表妹 got used to the crowd and she started to be herself again.



Daddy took a photo with 表妹

I also wanted to do the same, but 表妹 refused .... think I got her a little uncomfortable around the neck

And I went around taking photos with everyone.

Photo with 奶奶
First time 叔公 and 叔婆 came to our place

The cheeky look with 姑姑 and 叔叔


Photo with 舅舅 and 舅母

And how can I miss out 爷爷 and 奶奶

And with 公公

My dearest Daddy and Mummy !!!

And then, it was time to cut my birthday cake. 2 weeks before my birthday, we went to Prima Deli branch at Lot 1 to order my cake. I chose a Strawberry Shortcake design, and Mummy added the truffle instead of the normal chocolate sponge. However, when I went with Daddy at about 11 am in the morning to collect my cake, the lady at Prima Deli said the cake was delivered to the Clementi branch, due to a mistake !!!

When Daddy told me that, I was quite upset and kept telling Daddy that I wanted my cake. Luckily, the lady at Prima Deli was quite kind. She said she has told the deliveryman to get the cake back already and would have the cake delivered to my house, instead of us going back to Lot 1 45 mins later.

And true enough, the birthday cake arrived 45 mins later at my house ... Phew !!!

I put on my princess hat and was ready to sing the birthday song

Gave Daddy a big hug before singing the birthday song

And then, the singing started

After making my wish (Daddy helped me with that), we took turns to take photos






And when it was cake distribution time, I did my usual job of distributing the cakes to everyone

And I finally ate down to enjoy the cake that I specially chose. However, I only ate the white chocolate on the top and did not eat the rest. But everyone agreed that the cake was indeed very nice, not too sweet but yet rich in taste


Mummy and Daddy thought it was quite a good decision to have the birthday celebration at home instead of the restaurants that we had for the past 3 years as its more informal and everyone get to mingle around more freely, and 表妹 and I got to play with my toys!! So happy that all my loved ones came to celebrate my birthday with me :)

No comments: