My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Birthday Celebration in School

Today I had a mini birthday celebration in school.

The preparations started yesterday. After breakfast, Daddy and Mummy brought me to a shop that sells baking ware as Mummy wanted to buy a special cake mould to make my birthday cake. Mummy asked me to choose between a Monkey, a ballerina bear and a fish. Guess which one I chose?

I answered without hesitation. MONKEY!!! And the reason why I picked monkey-shaped cake is because I have this monkey soft toy, who accompanies me to bed every night



So after we reached home. Mummy started getting busy. The orange cake, without any decoration ....


And the final finished product .... doesn't this look professionally made ??? Mummy is so pleased with herself as this was her 1st attempt at piping cream, not to mention such a big 3D cake. Mummy was taking a big risk at buying all the gadgets..... initially she thought she was being a bit over ambitious, but luckily she managed to pull it through..... Mummy can accept orders and make cakes for kids with egg and milk allergy liao hehehehe....

I also did my part for the preparation by packing the loot bags for my friends. Each bag contained a Mickey Mouse Pencil, a Mickey Mouse sharpener, a Mickey Mouse yo-yo, a small packet of raisins, a party hat and a whistle.


So this morning, I woke up early and pestered Daddy and Mummy to go to school for my party. We were a bit early and my friends were making hand and foot prints for my school scrap book. I put on my apron so that I won't dirty my pretty birthday dress and went to join them.




The 3 musketeers of my class - Kai kai, Xavier and Joel.


Then it was time to start the party.....

Singing the birthday song ....
Time to blow out the candles

And cut my cake !!!


And photo taking time .... Joel, Elise, Daddy, Mummy and Kai-Kai

Handing out birthday cakes to everyone !!!!




Finally, enjoying my birthday cake .... yummy. This time, Mummy added a bit of vanilla essence in the cake so dun have the baking soda taste .... although the texture is more like a muffin than a cake....but the orange flavored cake matches the chocolate cream ..... a lot of my friends asked for second and third helpings !!!

Photos with all my teachers ....
My former English teacher when I was an infant ... Ms Thye Tai. She came back specially for my birthday party.

My Chinese teacher, 宋老师. She has been my Chinese teacher for almost 2 years and will continue to be my Chinese teacher for next year.
吕老师, Chinese teacher for nursery class.

My English teacher, Ms Kristy

Miss Joanna, the music teacher ... and Baby Chelsea (Ms Kristy's daughter) beside her.


Have enjoyed my 3 celebrations to date. Can't wait for my actual birthday!!!

1 comment:

K said...

wow! e cake is impressive! yes, u can take orders! :)