My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 26, 2009

3rd Year Birthday Celebration

As usual, I always have my private birthday celebration with my family .... and this year, it is at the Line at Shangri-La. Mummy decided to bake a different kind of birthday cake for me this year .... a mickey mouse agar agar cake ... so the night before, Mummy started getting busy in the kitchen ...

See the progress halfway .... Mummy used different coloured fruit juices (prune juice, ribena, soy milk etc) to get the different colours.



And the final product, before sending to the fridge for cooling

We set off at 1130 am for yummy lunch at 12 noon .... not before Daddy took photos of me in my new birthday dress, bought from the States and birthday shoes, bought from Hong Kong.

And of course my new hair band, a christmas gift from Ms Kristy and 宋老师 !!!

爷爷, 奶奶, 姑姑 and 叔叔 came first .... and soon after we arrived. Upon seeing 姑姑, I wanted to sit beside her






Then 公公, 舅舅, 舅母 and 佳莹表妹 came.


叔叔 taking photos of his yummy selection of food .... must make it worth the $$$ ...ha ha

The entire family enjoying the yummy lunch .... but part of the restaurant aircon is down so have to rely on standing fans to keep us cool




Everyone took turns to play with 佳莹表妹 ... and see how I keep wanting to hug and sayang her





I kept running around and hugging everyone that I was not concentrating on eating my food ... luckily I did not have to pay for the food, otherwise imagine paying so much $$$ for just some noodles, chicken and BREAD !!!!

Think 佳莹表妹 kept eyeing my bread ... and salivating !!! Ha ha





Then time to cut the birthday cake and sing my birthday song. So when Daddy went to ask the waitress to get the cake out, he was shocked to hear that we have to pay $30 corkage to eat the cake !!! The deal is, it is free to store the cake in the fridge, cut the cake in the restaurant, but to eat the cake, must pay $$$ !!! So that means, we sing the birthday song, cut the cake and then dun eat at all ?????


Heard of paying corkage for bringing own liquor, but definitely not corkage for own cake. So Daddy went to talk to the manager to understand the reason and in the end, the manager waived the cake corkage fee. Really 'high-class' ... compared to Oriental and Trader's Hotels that we went the past 2 years


After this little episode, we went on with the celebration ....


Singing the birthday song, in English and Chinese

And cutting my birthday cake !!!


Delivering the cakes to everyone


And enjoying the agar agar cake that Mummy made


Then I got bored and went around the hotel to take photos .... and see these 2 photos were taken by me !!! Don't they look good ?


And then I must appear in the photos


As usual, 叔叔 in his funny pose


Ate until close to 3 pm then we left the hotel .... look forward to my birthday celebration in school with my friends.....

No comments: