My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

华人或洋人

I was walking through some stalls at the pasar malam one evening with Daddy, when suddenly I just pinched my nose tightly, and said "臭死了,快点走". And I quickly dragged Daddy and moved on. Daddy was amused by my strong reaction to the smell .... can you make a guess what the smell was ??

臭豆腐 ?? Wrong !!!

It was none other than the King of Fruits, DURIAN !!! Since young, I have been rejecting the taste of durian. Daddy and Mummy bought some durians back home when I was kind of 18 months, and let me taste a bit. I spat it out immediately. Even when 姑姑 bought the famous Goodwood Park Hotel durian cake back, I refused to touch the durian filling, but just eat the cream on top. And now, due to the durian season, where the air is filled with durian smell, I am suffering .... haha. How come I did not inherit the genes from Daddy and Mummy to have a liking for durians ???

By right, usually only the Westerners dislike durians, so should I be considered as a 洋人 instead ?? However, I simply love Chinese and Japanese food, like rice, noodles, chicken, but hate sandwich, pasta, pizza etc !!!

Weird gal like me ... should I be considered a 华人或洋人 ??

No comments: