My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Asian Civilisation Museum - Mulan Adventure (Part 1)

Since 表妹 is still sick, so we did not go down to 公公 place on Sunday. Daddy and Mummy searched the internet and found out that ACM has a special exhibition on Terracotta Warriors, with Mulan Adventures (more for the kids). And the admission fees are 50% off. So we made Sunday our ACM day !!!!
We reached ACM at about 10 am, just the time when ACM opens for business. Managed to find a free parking lot along the VCH. Bought the admission tickets and then we went for the first session of the Mulan Adventure at 11 am. Since we had a bit of time, we went to the Terracotta Warriors exhibition (more in the next post : Part 2)

At 11 am, the ACM facilitators brought the kids to Mulan hometown, which told the story of Mulan.

At Mulan's house

Poultry ....

And trying to whip up a dish, based on the recipe




And Mulan's study where she learnt how to read and write. And I wrote the character 孝 !!! Not bad right ??? Daddy explained me to what that character meant

Then I "swam" inside the Yellow River ... and managed to catch some fishes as well
Preparing myself for war ... as like how Mulan prepared herself to take the place of her father to join the army

And learning to climb a wall





In the palace ...

Enjoyed myself in the place for almost 1 hour, before I took some more photos at the exit ....

Then we went to ACM basement to do some art and craft. Doing stencil art on an ancient fan
And making a small sword


We went for lunch around the area, so that we can come back to watch the skit on Mulan at 230 pm.

Passed by The Fullerton Hotel ... impressive

The Cavenagh Bridge ...


And after lunch, before the skit, I exchanged my coupon for a free ice-cream .... and I told Daddy and Mummy that I remembered doing the same the last time I went to ACM

Skit started at 230 pm .... Introducing Mulan, her younger brother and her aged father


Then the imperial decree for a man in Mulan's house to go and join the army to fight the enemies

While Mulan was upset over this, she was enlighted by a green dragon in her dreams to disguise herself as a man and take the place of her aged father. That was when I was scared by the dragon and refused to sit alone. Did not volunteer to participate in the skit

Mulan displayed her heroine self and became a General

Training a batch of soldiers

The Emperor was highly impressed with Mulan and wanted her to stay to help him. However, Mulan wanted to be reunited with her family. So the Emperor granted her wish


Mulan's comrades followed Mulan home


Only to be surprised to know that she was a lady


After the skit, I went to take a photo with the cast .... and the lady who acted Mulan is really pretty ... haha


After the skit, it was slightly after 3 pm, and we went off to our next destination .... Orchard ION !!! Because there is the Indoor Kite Festival


No comments: