My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Having Fun at Art Therapy Centre

This morning, we went to Auntie Esther's newly opened Art Therapy International Centre (ATIC) at the Tanglin Shopping Centre. She opened the centre with 2 other therapists. Aim is to provide art therapy services to people (children, adolescents, adults, couples and families) who need them, eg. anger management, addiction, depression, low self esteem, rehabilitation, fear and anxiety etc. Also have therapy sessions to assist children's well-being. Check out her website here for more information (http://www.arttherapy.com.sg/)

The centre is small, but self-sufficient. In fact, I zoomed in to my sand play fun in the therapy room. And the best thing is, I do not have to go to the beach to play with sand. In the comfort of aircon and in my favourite dress, I enjoyed the sand play fun a lot, scooping the sand from one bowl to another.



Then Daddy joined in the fun as well ... Daddy thought he better not join in the fun too much, otherwise, in the midst of fun, he might reveal hidden messages that Auntie Esther (as an experienced therapist) can pick up along the way ... haha. But Daddy just could not resist having fun with me


Then Daddy decided to create a game of sandstorm that came all of a sudden and covered and buried all the animals, cars and objects. And then I shall be the saviour to all, by uncovering the buried things and animals and rescuing them !!! And yes, I was the heroine !!!

Simple fun, but yet enough for me to enjoy myself in the morning. And thank you to Auntie Esther for not charging us for using her place for fun ... haha.

About 45 mins later, when Auntie Sara (Auntie Esther's colleague) was done with her therapy session with an adolescent, we went over to the kiddy room to take a look. No sand fun, but lots of toys and kiddy stuffs to play with !!!! We ended the morning fun with a lunch at The Hard Rock Cafe with Auntie Esther and all the staff at the centre.

No comments: