My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Afternoon at ACM

The Asian Civilisation Museum (ACM) is having free admission during the long Deepavali holidays, and they do have some activities for kids as well.

So after my afternoon nap, Daddy, Mummy, 公公 and I went to the ACM to take a look. Took my little passport to collect chops as we move between various sections of the museum.

The bronze drum .... really heavy



And a very interesting painting ..... looks like the universe

And upon closer look, the painting is made up of Qur'an writings

These figurines below freaked me out and I refused to go near .... kept pulling Mummy away. They are the yin yang envoys from Hell ....


The gong with the dragon motif


Then we watched the belly dancing show. After the show, they invited all the kids to join them and learn belly dancing ... so upon Daddy's encouragement, I joined in the fun



Took a photo with one of the belly dancers

The famous chinese heroine 花木兰, who took the place of her father to battle



The characters from 西游记. I only recognized 猪八戒


Heros from 三国演义 : 刘备,关羽,张飞


Many people would be familiar with this duck ... some have it at home as well ... but this duck is unique. This was the WINNING duck, the first to cross the finish line at the Singapore Million Duck Race in 2002


Dollar notes used by older generation .... by 公公,爷爷 and 奶奶


Coins used in the era of Daddy and Mummy ... not so old compared to the dollar notes. Daddy still have some of the 10 and 2o cents

Taking a photo with the mighty heros


Making a donation at the ACM


I completed all the chops in the passport and was given goodie bag. And there were free ice-creams given out as well .... see how I tried to prevent the ice-cream from dripping on myself .... tough position to maintain while eating ice-cream, but wat to do ??? Ha ha

After that, we went to Suntec City to have dinner at Astons. Ate quite a lot for dinner, even munched on Jollibean mini pancakes to fill my tummy .... must be from the morning kite flying session at West Coast park .... had to keep running to get my kite to fly, since there was not enough wind. Haha

No comments: