My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 6, 2008

SSO Baby's Prom 2008

Finally .... the long awaited annual SSO Baby's Prom concert 2008 !!! Every year, the concert is a sold-out ... so this year, Mummy specially instructed Daddy to ask his colleague, Auntie Rena, to book the tickets to the concert, once it is open for sales to Friends of SSO .... otherwise, the moment the sales is open to public, the concert is at least 95% sold out.

The concert starts at 1030 hrs, but there are pre-concert activities before that. So we reached there half an hr earlier. Saw a big christmas tree at the entrance of VCH .... Daddy insisted on taking a photo there .... VCH reminded Daddy and Mummy of the days when they were in the symphonic band .... used to perform there (during that time, Esplanade was not even built yet ... oops, see how antique Daddy and Mummy are).

Baby's Prom is the only time that kids under 6 yrs old are allowed into the concert hall .... and can even eat, drink, wander around and make noise in the concert hall (no wonder Esplanade does not allow SSO to hold the concert there). The concert hall was very nicely decorated with balloons of all shapes and sizes, and there were even free balloon sculptures given out to all kids.... I got a pink doggie !!


Daddy and Mummy brought me on a tour around the concert hall .... sat on the stage, otherwise no chance, until I grow up next time and perform there !!! Ha ha ... must follow Daddy and Mummy's footsteps



Once the concert started, we were not allowed to take photos or videos .... the concert lasted about 1 hr, with excerpts of vibrant pieces being played ... the orchestra members were dressed in casual, colour coded : strings in yellow, woodwinds in green, brass in blue and percussion in red ...


The conductor came from Australia .... he was really vibrant, kept interacting with the audiences, telling us to clap our hands according to the rhythm, telling stories based on the music. He started off with "Can-Can, Opheus in the Underworld" .... Halfway through the concert, he even came down the stage and then gathered all the kids to follow him around, while the orchestra played "Radetzky March" !!! I followed all the action and was dancing throughout the entire concert ....




Towards the end of the concert, they had 4 kids to go up on stage to conduct the orchestra. And you know what, the orchestra actually played according to the tempo of the little conductor ... there was this gal, who conducted with a slow tempo then suddenly, she waved her baton faster and the orchestra had to pick up speed .... if she ever waved her baton even faster, think the orchestra will just give up !!! Ha ha. Mummy said, if I were to be the conductor, she cannot imagine what will happen.


After the concert, they allowed all the kids to go up on stage and be close and personal with orchestra members ... so Mummy tried to get me up there after squeezing through the crowd.

Managed to get up on the stage ....



The conductor trying to catch my attention ... but without Daddy or Mummy, I was scared of the red uncle .... went down to Mummy.



When the crowd at the stage was lesser, then I got on the stage again to take a photo ...







Concert ended at 1130 hrs .... went down VCH stairs and saw another shorter christmas tree ...


Daddy and Mummy decided to feed me lunch at Raffles City, but before I could reach there, I was already sleeping in the car ... did not even wake up when Daddy transferred me to the stroller .... Guess I was too tired from all the musical experience ....


Next year, I want to go to the Baby's Prom again ... and I want to go up the stage to conduct !!!

No comments: