My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Taiwan Trip - Day 7 (Home Sweet Home)

Last day of the trip .... we had a flight to catch at 6 pm, so would need to reach airport latest 3-4 pm. Since it was just half a day of free time, we decided to explore the Botanical Gardens, and do some sight seeing, like what typical tourists would do

Had breakfast in our hotel till 930 am, before we headed out


This is inside the Botanical Gardens ....

This museum used to be a courthouse ( 衙门)during the Qing dynasty.

No nails and screws, but equally strong to hold things together .... in the past, that was how buildings were constructed.

Chinese zodiac plants .... read on and you will figure out what that meant


Think you got the idea ???




I am born in the Year of the Dog ... woof woof

This is what the sign said ....

But which part of the tree look like some sort of meat ???

Idiom related plants ... what that meant was the name of the plant was used in an idiom .... see the sign for more explanation

Succulent plants ... meaning cactus kind of fleshy plants ...


Never know that catcus can also go dry .... see the freshy portion and the dried up portion together

Then we left the botanical gardens and walked towards 中正纪念堂。 On the way, there were a lot of goverment buildings, including the Presidential Palace, and a lot of ministries. Are there really gold bars inside the 国库局 (Treasury) .... want to try robbing the treasury? As long as you don't get caught.

The musical concert hall and the arts theatre


The famous 中正纪念堂 .... how can we miss that




Taking a picture with the guards ... tough job, to stand still for an hour without moving at all ... till the hourly change of parade.

Our flight back home was 6 pm, so we set off from the hotel via taxi .... taxi fare came up to NT$800, which is about S$35. Pretty reasonable to avoid all the hassle and for the kids to have a power nap in the taxi.

Since we were early, we headed for the children's playground in the airport

Joel came down the slide and pretended to fall ...

And Camille actually wanted to play, as long as Uncle Telang was holding on to her

And I posed with all the cartoon characters




On board the plane, the kids were given toys again, and this time, I have Powerpuff gal soft toy ... to be added to my collection of soft toys on the bed

With that, my vacation ended and I will be going back to school the following week .... time really flies so fast !!!

Daddy and Mummy said no more long distance trip for this year (quota has been met) ... maybe just short trips like a 1-2 days to JB / Desaru lor .... haha. Come to think of it, I have been going on at least one long trip per year since 2008

2008 - Sydney (could not remember much since I was slightly less than 2 years old)
2009 - Hong Kong (my favourite Disneyland)
2010 - Japan (Tokyo Disneyland became my favourite Disneyland)
2011 - Taiwan
2012 - ??? (have to wait and see)

1 comment:

average Joan said...

RndHa ha come back and see when I saw you left a note in kei's blog. Think I miss this last time. Might be going Taiwan year end with my sis so need inspiration :-P