My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taiwan Trip - Day 5 (阳明山 & 西门町)

We woke up early the next morning as we were going to Yang Ming Shan (阳明山)!!!

Very cold weather this morning.... about 14 degC.

On our way up, we saw the hot springs.


Then we reached the garden.

It's spring, so all the flowers are blooming.

The fountain. But because the wind is so strong, some of the water ended up splashing on us.

SAKURA!!! 樱花!!!That's the reason we braved the cold to come here. Its really very beautiful!
I also took a picture of Joel's family using our camera when Daddy was helping them to take a family photo.... this explains the wierd angle of this photo.


It's cold and sunny at the same time... so you can hardly see my face! The temperature is less than 10 deg.





There are a lot of other flowers blooming too!!! 百花齐放,争艳夺丽!!





The famous flower clock.

There are 3 varieties of sakura, dark pink, pink and white.

Took a rest at a shelter and had a quick snack.


Then we went to 樱花林



By this time, I was already very tired from all the walking, so look at my glum face.

It's so cold that I needed Daddy's jacket as well!!! We took the shuttle bus, thinking we can see the scenery of the rest of Yangmingshan. But the weather was so misty, we couldn't even see anything outside the window!!! Daddy and Auntie Winnie were a bit car sick, and I "fainted" on the bus as usual (so far, I "fainted" on all my bus/car mountain trips).
Then we went down the mountain to catch a late lunch, still dressed in Daddy's jacket as well ...

We went back hotel for a nap after lunch.

Our next destination was 西门町. The most happening place in Taipei!





We had dinner at this sushi joint because.......

The sushi is not on a conveyor belt, but on trains and train tracks!!!

Both Joel and I were so intrigued by it.

Then Daddy wanted to try the famous 阿宗面线

Then we saw this shop selling braised food.... all sorts of braised food. Other than the normal ones like beancurd, seaweed, duck wings, pork legs, they have duck necks, duck tongues, duck gizzard, duck head, duck feet, chicken heart, chicken gizzards, pork tendons. Really mind boggling. But we didn't try, we're not that adventurous.
While waiting for Joel and family, we saw this uncle selling bubble solutions. And the bubbles are really huge. I was really intrigued by the big bubbles.

1 comment:

wslee said...

Hi Just to check whether you have engaged any local tour guide when travelling to Tai Chung,if yes.Care share the contact?