My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

Taiwan Trip - Day 6 (Baby Boss)

Day 6 is the highlight of this trip for me... and that was because we were going to Baby Boss !!! This is a place where I get to try out different kind of professions and at the same time, understand the concept of working to earn money, so that I can use the money to buy things. Pretty interesting concept for a kid of my age ....

We took the MRT to 国父纪念馆 station and then walked about 15 mins to reach 京华城 (living mall)

And when we reached the shopping centre (Baby Boss was located on the 7th floor), we were surprised by the number of floors that the entire shopping centre has .... total 17 levels up and B6 for the carparks. And the shopping mall was already occupying a very large surface area. WOW!!

Paid about S$75 for 3 of us ... after a 20% discount for foreigners. In fact, they had a 50% discount if you pay by ANZ credit card .... unfortunately, we did not have that.

The first profession that I decided to try out was to be a housekeeper at a hotel ... so a gor-gor brought me inside to change into my uniform ... out of view of Daddy and Mummy. Luckily, I was quite easy with strangers, as long as I knew Daddy and Mummy were outside waiting for me. Once I have changed into my uniform, I was assigned tasks ... and that was to clean the windows, clean the tables, arrange the sofa cushions and the bed as well ....



At the end of my job, I was paid BabyBucks $10 as my salary .... and I went on to my next profession : a traffic policewoman !!! With my uniform on, don't I look perfect ?? After briefing on my tasks, we were ready to patrol the streets of Baby Boss City.




Richer by BabyBucks$10 again, and now I have enough money to learn to be a baker (had Babybucks$20 when we signed up for entry)

My yummy biscuits!!!




After lunch, my next stop was to be a hairdresser.

Mummy was spot-on when she anticipated that I will pick the pink hairband..... 知女莫若母。Erm... I think mine is the messiest.



Next is to be a fireman!

Really spraying water to put out the "fire"!!!!



Then I tried my hands on being a dairy farmer, and also to deliver the milk.





Then we moved on to the "hospital". They have an operating theatre and a dummy there. But I didn't try that because its more suitable for 7 years and above.

I tried being a nurse at the hospital nursery, taking care of newborn babies. I changed their diapers (it was really soiled!) and wiped them down.



Another hospital profession is the Emergency response team, where children can take the mini ambulance to the "streets" to save an injured doll. After bandaging up the doll, the emergency team must carry the patient to the stretcher into the ambulance and back into the hospital. Too bad due to the clash in timing, I could not participate in this.

Then I moved on to being a petrol attendant.


While waiting for the next profession (magician) to start, I laid out all my job certifications on the sofa. And when Daddy and Mummy asked me which one I liked best.......

I chose this..... again Mummy was spot-on... because I just loved to come and style Mummy's hair at home..... so the next time you see that Mummy's hair is in a mess, you'll know its because of yours truly.

And we went to roam around the city. There was a bank, manned by older children. The local children can buy an annual pass and come to Babyboss unlimited times. After everyday of "work", they can deposit their money in the bank. And they can withdraw the money from the ATM when they want to spend the money in the department store in Babyboss. The ATM really works when the children put in their ATM card, and it dispenses BabyBucks!!! So cool!!!!


I also went to be an Electrical Engineer. As it was in the afternoon, all the kindergarten children who were here on excursion has left, so the whole place was really quiet. There was only me in the power station.

I had no idea what was going on when the jie-jie explained to me how electricity is generated. But I still managed to sit through and act as though I understood hahaha.

She brought me to the hotel (that I went in the morning) to change a light bulb.

Then I moved on to being a magician. But this time, Daddy and Mummy couldn't see what was happening inside, and I came out with a balloon hat, which I claimed I did it myself with the help of the jie-jie.


My last stop was a Quality Controller with Coca Cola. But I am a deprived kid, so I have absolutely no idea what Coca-cola is as I've never ever tasted it. Hmmm..... why don't they have ribena?

Nonetheless, I am still very participative and enjoyed myself very much, especially when I pressed the button, and the bottle started to be filled with Coke.

My weight is equivalent to 46 cans of coke.

My height is equivalent to 9 cans of coke.

It was 5.20pm, time to knock off. So I happily took my pay to the department store to shop for things. But as I only worked for 1 day, I only have enough money to buy stickers and a height chart. The jie-jie said I could buy donuts, but I am not a fan so I skipped that. Still I was real happy as this is the first time I bought things using money that I earned myself!!!




After spending 7.5 hours there, I tried 11 professions. There is a total of 70+ professions there, including air stewardess and pilots with a dummy airliner that looks very real, complete with the seats, meal trolleys etc. Also there were astronauts, mining, archeaologist, pizza making, donut making, ice cream seller, security personnel, etc. There are also many for older kids such as supreme court (judge, lawyers), toy designer, fashion designer, TV station (newsbroadcaster, artistes, singer), tour guides and many many more. They even have a car rental company where you can use the BabyBucks to rent a car to drive around. But before this, you'll have to pay (using Babybucks), and take a driving test and get a driving license. Absolutely cool right!?!!

We think this is an excellent idea, why don't they have this in Singapore??!! Its really fun and educational. More importantly, it instills the right values in the children. They have to work in order to earn money, then they can buy what they want. They can only buy things based on the amount of money they have earned. If they want a more expensive toy, they would have to work hard and save all the money to work towards their goals, and they cannot spend on other small frivilous things.

At night, we met Joel and family for dinner at Ding Tai Feng. The food taste the same as that in Singapore, but its cheaper.

Luckily we went earlier, because later on it was PACKED!!!!!

After that we went back to hotel and I fell asleep very early as I missed my afternoon nap, but totally worth it! I kept telling Mummy and Daddy that I wanted to go back to Babyboss. Daddy and Mummy promised that we would definitely make a trip back, but maybe when I am older (>7 years old) so that I can experience all the professions)

3 comments:

k said...

How did she (and both of you) last 7.5hours? We would all have fainted. Seriously. We were looking at the shorter timeslot. So you all had your meals inside BBboss?

Jing Ting said...

Auntie K,
As long as its fun, I will forget that I am tired. In fact, if not for the fact that Babyboss closes at 6pm, I would have continued. Daddy and Mummy were relaxed, just sitting there watching me do all the work. Initially we also planned to leave at abt 3pm, but we realised there were so much more to do, so we stayed till closing. We had lunch and teabreak at Babyboss. The food is mediocre, standard rice and dishes set or fast food.

--andy-- said...

hi, came from google "baby boss", it looks fun and thanks for sharing. In case u are interested in kids theme, try Kidzania too.