My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 11, 2011

Learning from school

I have learnt quite a bit in school since I started K1 ....

Daddy and Mummy were pleasantly surprised that I can recognize many Chinese characters, including complex ones like 眼睛, 老虎, 鲨鱼。 I can even write some of them (besides the simple ones such as 人,上 etc) , eg.

草,水,火,土

For my English class,
I learnt about the solar system, able to name all the 9 planets in order of their distance from the sun (I also know that there are actually 8 planets since Pluto is not really a planet, but a dwarf planet). Daddy and Mummy supplemented my planet knowledge by borrowing some books from the library, and I could tell them stuff in the books without them telling me .....

And Science too !!! Yes, we do have this in K1. We started off the year by learning about trees. Mummy was totally shocked when I told her about deciduous trees and evergreen trees. Not only can I remember the names, I could tell her that deciduous tree leaves can change colour but evergreen trees are always green. Of course I can name all the parts of a tree.

This month, we started to learn about different parts of the body : the heart, lungs, skin etc. I could tell Mummy that the smallest bone is in the ear, and the longest bone has to be the thigh bone. Mummy borrowed a few books on body parts to reinforce learning.

And for Maths, I can also do addition confidently when the sum of the 2 numbers is less than 30 now...... Mummy is quite surprised at how I suddenly seemed to improved by leaps and bounds after starting K1 for 6 weeks. Mummy and Daddy hopes that I can continue to enjoy learning, as much as I do now.

Shows that I do pay attention in class ... haha

No comments: