My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

Chinese New Year - 年初二

On the second day of CNY, we have the customary 开年 lunch. Like last year, its held in our house, with Mummy as the chef.

Wow... look at the spread of food.....

Mummy made yusheng with smoked salmon.....


Started off the lunch with 捞鱼生



Chicken stock with crab meat, black fungus and enoki mushroom.... Its a replacement for sharks fin.

Steamed golden promfret.... a very BIG one..... cooked by Mummy

Grilled king tiger prawns with garlic made by Mummy. Everyone said this is the best dish!

Baby Abalone with Spinach


And also grilled teriyaki chicken drumlets.

奶奶 cooked 算盘子, and also 好事发财


After lunch, its my turn to cook up a storm in the kitchen for everyone!


After my afternoon nap, I changed into my cheongsam and went to 公公's house for another gathering. See my pretty pigtails, courtesy of 舅母

Then it was 表妹's turn to tie her hair.

I was the 大姐大 for the night, teaching the 2 babies to draw... BUT actually the little baby on my right is Grandauntie Verity's daughter..... which makes her my AUNTIE (although she's only 1 year old)!!!!


Yusheng, Mummy prepared the ingredients and the jelly fish, but the radish was made by Erle - jie jie....



All relatives from 公公's side were there.... 很热闹



We catered a mini buffet from Chu Wei San Tong.... taste was quite good, but because its a mini buffet, it doesn't come with warmer, so the food turned cold quite fast. The portion is not a lot, but since everyone is quite stuffed from all the CNY binging, there was still leftover.

And I was such a good girl, sitting there quietly eating my noodles, veg and fish all by myself while Daddy and Mummy were chatting. After I finished, I still asked for more. All my relatives were very impressed by me and commented that I have became such a good girl (cos they have witnessed my horrible feeding habits when I was a baby). Mummy and Daddy really felt that I have grown up and is now very 董事

After dinner, I asked 舅母 to bring out 表妹's baby lego so that we can all play....



The girl in white is Maegan, about 4 months younger than me.... and also my AUNTIE!!



Enjoying my CNY so far!!!! Looking forward to more gatherings, food and fun!! :) :)

No comments: