My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chinese New Year - 初三 (Jurong Bird Park)

Daddy still had a set of Jurong Bird Park tickets, which will expire in the next few days. And the newspaper was advertising that the Bird Park would have some special shows and decorations to celebrate the festive season. So we decided to visit the Bird Park on 初三. In fact, this was my second time to the Bird Park. My first visit was in 2008 when I was 2 years old. Cannot apreciate much during my first visit since I was still too young.

The entrance of the Bird Park, with decorations to usher in the festive season of the Lunar New Year

Taking a photo for Daddy and Mummy ... Oops, Daddy was not ready yet

This time, both Daddy and Mummy were ready, with a perfect pose

And I want to take a photo with the flamingo by myself

Yes, that was me !!! The Adventurous Explorer, Jing Ting !!!

Do I look more like a peacock or flamingo ??

A very nice display outside the penguin enclosure ... with a variety of flowers to celebrate the CNY season

Never know that Penguins also take multi-vitamins to keep themselves healthy, just like I take my regular dose of cod-liver oil daily

Hey, I am almost the reaching the weight of the King Penguin, just short of about 1.5 kg !!! I need to buck up ... but I am definitely taller than the King Penguin !!!


Since this year is the Year of Rabbit, there was an enclosure full of rabbits, where they allowed people to feed them water. So of course, I grabbed a bottle and started to feed the rabbits.



How do I look ???

Posing in front of a pool of flamingoes !!! I know they can be found in the zoo as well

The Saddlebill Stork !!!


Storks high up on the tree branches .... Daddy told me they were the birds which delivered babies to families in fairy tales and movies .... err .... what about in real life ???

The Old Man Stork .... and clearly, that came from the baldness on his head ... like an old man

The Birds of Prey Show at the Fuji Hawk Walk

The brave Auntie, who was not afraid of owls resting on her hands. In fact, she commented that she felt tired, rather than .... the owls weighed a ton !!!





I took a photo with Daddy at the Aviary waterfalls


On the way to the Pools Amphitheatre, we passed by a pond full of swans !!! And Daddy asked me to recite my swan poem, 咏鹅



The Pools Amphitheatre ... all ready for the Birds and Buddies show to come alive

Reading the map to locate where we were

And lots of people at the Bird Park, despite 初三. Guessed Jurong Bird Park advertised that they had the special CNY program during this period, so that attracted quite some people

The entire place was decorated to the CNY theme

The opening show, with a fleet of pink flamingoes to usher in the CNY

Presenting the Toucan mascot

Mr and Mrs Toucan !!!

And I was so frightened of this vulture mascot, although I knew it was not the real bird. Sometimes, the fake thing can be more frightening

The fleet of pelican ....

I (or rather on behalf of Daddy) donated $2 to the Jurong Bird Park and got a post card !!!




After the Birds and Buddies show, the stage was all set for story telling. And I was familiar with the Story of the Nian, since 宋老师 told us 年的故事 last year during CNY. This was one of the special program during this festive season

And the big gor-gor was pretty entertaining and managed to engage the audience in his story




The puzzle all pieced together to reveal the Dragon !!!


And time to learn some Chinese phrases before the show ended


Had a photo taken with Kai-Lan, although I was not really familiar with her.

Not forgetting to give Kai-Lan a big hug before I left the stage

We had lunch at the cafe, before we went back to the Pools Amphitheatre to watch the Children's Parrot show. On the way there, we saw these 2 mascot, dressed in oriental customs !!!

And I got an angbao from the mascot !!!

A golden coin, aka chocolate inside the angbao .... the perfect dessert after my lunch

The parrot show started, featuring ... parrots, of course !!!


And here is a macaw raising the flag of the Jurong Bird Park ???


This one was able to do shape and colour sorting

And to keep fit, some gym / weight lifting exercises in the spare time

And finally, after much jumping about, whenever they asked for young volunteers, my chance came !!! So onto the stage I went alone, confidently and proudly that I was finally selected. Announcing to the whole world, my name and age

And Uncle gave me a thumbs up for being a brave little gal to go on stage

See I followed how the parrot imitated the laughter sound .... everyone laughed. I am just following instructions what ...


And the famous Pikasso at work ... a parrot ??? This is what they call modern art ... and it cost $10 each !!! Think I am satisfied with just a post card


After the show, it was close to 130 pm. We gave the water play station a miss, since it did not look interesting and was not well maintained (nothing compared to the zoo or even Lot 1). Since I woke up early at 730 am, we headed home.

Was so tired that I fell asleep in the car again. Looking forward to more fun on 初四

No comments: