My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

SSO Concert at the Race Course

There was a free SSO concert at the race course (kranji turf club) on Sun evening, so we decided to go for that (this is the second time I attended this concert). Since the concert starts at 7 pm, Daddy, Mummy and myself went to Causeway Point early to tapao our dinner and eat there, as we listen to the music. On the way to the grandstand (where the concert was held), we passed by this horse carriage ....

Reached there at about 640 pm, and the place was pretty full ... all the hot seats were occupied, so we had to sit at the side of the orchestra. Luckily, there was a screen so we could still see the members of the orchestra playing. We were each given a concert program. And on the front page of the program was a musical note. Only then did we know that this special concert program (with the musical note in front) would entitle us to a free goodie bag !!! So we have 3 bags in all.

Since Kate Jie Jie could not make it to the concert, I shall reserve one goodie bag for her and ask Mummy to pass to her mummy next time


At the end of the concert program was a "name the musical instrument" quiz. Since Daddy and Mummy were from the symphonic band during their school days, the quiz was too simple for them. Daddy filled in the answers and dropped the quiz at the collection box. At the end of the concert, 10 lucky winners with the correct answers would have a customized SSO goodie bag.

The concert started at 7 pm sharp, with Maestro Lim Yau as the conductor. Since the concert was an outdoor concert, the pieces played were the more popular music, like "Bizet Carmen Suite, Rossini William Tell Overture" etc ...

Throughout the concert, as I were eating, I was happily enjoying the music .... even conducted along with Maestro Lim Yau (he on stage and I in my little seat) .... and at the end of each piece, I clapped out loud for the orchestra !!! In fact, when the orchestra played the last piece (William Tell Overture), I shouted that was my favourite music. Daddy was kind of surprised and thought I just said it for fun ... then Mummy told Daddy that the Barney CD (Barney Plays the Tuba) that I have been watching has this piece in it .... Daddy was impressed with me ... ha ha. He watched that CD before but did not remember that piece ... so Barney had a big part in getting me to appreciate music ... haha


The concert ended at about 8 pm, and then it was time to announce the 10 lucky winners ... Daddy and Mummy thought they have never been lucky ... but when the 3rd winner was announced, Daddy's name was called out !!! Yes, we were one of the 1o lucky winners !!! And when we went to collect our prize, it turned out to be pretty good ... Daddy should have bought 4D today !!!

Two CDs : Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite and the other was "Open Your Door to Music", a CD on how to introduce your child to classical music.

There was also a box of coloured pencils, and a small jigsaw puzzle.

But the best part was the 2 story books related to music !!! Hooray, another 2 books to my collection. Shall ask Daddy and Mummy to read them to me as my night time reading

Looking forward to the Babies' Prom concert by SSO in Nov 2010 !!! This year will be held at the Esplanade, instead of the Victoria Concert Hall, so the tickets were also more expensive than before ... and this year, I will have to get a ticket too .... See if Daddy and Mummy want to "smuggle" 表妹 in, since she does not need a ticket at all

No comments: