My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

National Museum of Singapore Adventure

Since 9 Aug is Singapore's 45th birthday and also a public holiday, Daddy and Mummy decided to bring me out to have fun and also celebrate the nation's birthday. Mummy checked on the internet the night before that the National Museum of Singapore will be having free admission on 9 Aug, so we decided to make that our destination

So early in the morning, we changed into our clothes ... and to join in the spirit of the nation's birthday, we dressed ourselves in the national colours : red and white !!!

Tada, see the matching colours. Daddy decided to wear the red polo tee that 叔叔 gave to Daddy as a present, but Daddy never had the courage to wear till now. Ha ha

And see Daddy and Mummy in matching colours also .... just that Mummy did not have white bottoms, so had to substitute with jeans.

We had breakfast at the Bukit Timah Food Centre, before going to the National Museum of Singapore (NMS). Parked our car at the Atrium, since it was $2 per entry. So we had to walk over to the NMS. On the way there, we passed by a big field with different Olympic designs, so I insisted on taking photos.


Lifted my care bear with ease !!!

And I know how to cycle as well !!!

Finally, the NMS in sight !!! Has been a long long time since Daddy and Mummy stepped inside the museum. And of course, my first time

So have to take a family photo outside the NMS, dressed in the national colours

The main reason why we went to the NMS was that it was free today !!! And at the same time, there were going to be activities for the kids, so that would be the best way to keep me entertained !!! The game card, which at the end of all the activities, would entitle us to 1 tikam-tikam (the old version of toto)

And we had to complete all 7 activities, with no time limit


One of the activities : Fishing. Mummy and me gave the first try, but in the end, caught nothing. Daddy and me gave it a second try, and we came in first !!! Hooray !!!

We went to the badge making counter after that. Each of us chose a design and we did our own colouring ... look how serious I was, making sure I did not colour outside of the lines.

Once we have added our colours, we gave it to the helpers to transform the designs into badges !!!

And tada, Mummy helping to put the badge on my blouse

And how did I look ? Nice right ? I made the badge all by myself

And Mummy also had one. She chose a hopscotch design while Daddy chose a trishaw design.

Daddy and I went to try our luck at the shooting game, but failed to hit any targets (only one trial allowed, so how to hit target ???)

We went to the face / body painting section on second level. And yes, I want my Leo to be painted on my hand, since this is the YOG season now


Err ... doesn't look like Leo leh .... Guess what picture did I choose in the end ???


Should be more obvious now ...


And yes, the final product .... Thomas the Train !!! Did a ast minute change, from Leo to Thomas




And the most interesting part has to be this Dress Yourself Up activity. The theme was Back to the Sixties, so of course, we had to dress ourselves up in that era

With the accessories on, can you still recognise me ??? That was the in-thing in the sixties !!!

And with the costumes on, can we pass of as folks from the 60s ??? But to take this photo, we had to queue up for quite a long time .... Mummy said I looked more like a doll, while Daddy looked like his hair got electrocuted.

And while waiting in queue, we saw this interesting mechanism at the ceiling. Not driven by electricity, but by wind power



After all the games, we went to the museum exhibit proper. Since it was close to lunch time, we had to zoom through the exhibits. Saw this exhibit on how tailors worked in the past ... and Daddy told me 奶奶 had these at home .... she used to make clothes for Daddy, 姑姑 and 叔叔

And the antique sewing machine ....


While Daddy and Mummy looked at the exhibits, I just loved to take the headphones available to listen to what was played ... and Daddy wondered whether my ears or my cheeks were listening to the recording.

After all the fun, we went to redeem our completed game card at the tikam-tikam counter. See the old style game. The rule was each person will try his luck and peel off one pink stub. Open the pink stub to look at the number hidden underneath. Match the number to the blue stub provided. Peel off the blue stub and match the picture underneath to the dinosaurs provided in the yellow section. That will give the points I won !!! Sounds complicated right ??? ha ha



So a picture tells a thousand words ???


The prizes for the tikam-tikam are as follows

And in the end, I won the Apollo Chocolate Wafer Cream, ie. 20 points only. Admiring my prize, since I have not seen this before


And being innovative, I took that to be my camera. Ha ha. Say cheeze ....

Since Plaza Singapura was nearby, we walked over for lunch and then had my afternoon nap there ... and the evening celebration would have to be Part 2 ... to be continued

No comments: