My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy 45th Birthday, Singapore

This year's national day, besides the parade at the Padang, there are 5 other locations in the heartlands where celebrations are held. Therefore, we decided to join the celebration by going to the nearby Choa Chu Kang celebration.

The celebration started at 5 pm, and we reached there at about 540 pm. See the big stage in front of the HDB flats ... and there were 2 big screens on either side of the stage so that people at the back can still see what was happening on the stage

And the place was super crowded ...


Man basket crane was used for the production / filming crew ... tough work



And yes, you got it. The block of flat just behind the stage had all the Singapore flags fully displayed for all to see ... of course lar, otherwise the MPs will lose face

And a big banner wishing Singapore 45th birthday, peaceful and secure


I saw everyone had a Singapore flag in their hands, so I wanted one as well. Since we did not have any coupon, we were not entitled for the goodie bag (which contained the flag). Daddy and Mummy had to go around asking the organizers if they have any spare flag for me, but to no avail. Luckily, Mummy saw one flag stuck to one of the scaffold, so the organizer agreed to take that out and give it to me. Although it was a little spoilt, I was totally happy, waving the flag around with the others.


Since it was near dinner time, we went to Lot 1 shopping centre for a quick dinner. Long John Silver has this Ramadan special meal promotion. Two sets of grilled salmon and chicken (with rice and 2 sides) only cost $9.90. And the salmon was larger than those you ordered from the food court Japanese bento set !!! Yummy !!!

After dinner, we wanted to go back to the celebration, but realized that I could also catch a good view by watching it from the other side of the road (just outside Lot 1 shopping centre). So we watched from there for quite 20 mins, before Daddy and Mummy decided that we can watch the telecast of the parade in our comfortable home.

We took the MRT home (just one stop away) ... saw the parade just now, with all the soldiers smartly dressed .... and I followed suit

Immediately when I reached home, I switched on the TV and glued to it .... Daddy and Mummy were right .... best way to enjoy the celebration is to eat grapes while watching the parade on the sofa !!!



And finally, I heard my "Five Stars Arising" national day song. That is the song the school taught us this year to celebrate the national day. But because of the high number of HFMD cases in school, the celebration in school was cancelled

And how can we complete the celebration, without any dance ???

And of course, I need a dance partner .... who else, but Daddy !!!



Happy Birthday, Singapore .... and more to come

1 comment:

average Joan said...

ahahha.. and i thot kate is the only one that dances like this.! :P

and that ancient sewing machine at the museum?? my mom got one at her house..still working ... :P