My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 3, 2010

My First Movie at the Cinema

Daddy and Mummy thought I was ready for my first movie at the cinema so on Saturday morning, they decided to bring me for a movie experience. The night before, they prep me, telling me that the cinema will be dark when the movie starts to screen, and that if I do not like darkness and loud sounds, I cannot go to the movie. Of course, I am not afraid of darkness and loud sounds ... as long as I have Daddy and Mummy sitting beside me.

So on Saturday morning, we went early to Balestier shopping centre .... why so far ?? Because we were going to meet 爷爷,奶奶,姑姑 and 叔叔 at City Square Mall for lunch later. And also, the Shaw cinema at Balestier shopping centre is typically not crowded so I can choose my own seat (but the most important reason is Daddy and Mummy need not buy any ticket for me and I still get to have a seat in the cinema ...haha).

So we set off for MacDonalds breakfast at Balestier shopping centre at abt 830 am. And I have to say I just loved MacDonalds breakfast, especially the Happy Meal. Like the pancakes with syrup and butter, but love the free toy and HASHBROWN !!!



No matter how full I am, I can still gobble down the hashbrown


We bought tickets for the 1030 hrs show ... and did I say we were going to watch Toy Story 3 !!! As expected, when we bought the tickets, only about 10 seats were occuppied. Shaw has this Citibank promotion. 2 adult tickets + 2 medium soft drinks + 1 medium popcorn - all for $23 only !! So Daddy grabbed that promotion (since normal weekend tickets would have cost $10 each already).

But we were really shocked when the drinks and popcorn came along .... they were HUGE !!! See the size of the drink and popcorn ...

Initially I was afraid to step into the cinema but Daddy managed to coax me and carry me into the cinema ... once inside, I got comfortable, especially with the popcorn in front of me .... so I was happily eating away while watching the commercials ....

See how my eyes were glued to the screen !!!

The show started about 5 mins late .... I did not make any scene throughout the movie ... just sat on my 'illegal' seat and watched till the end of the movie ... in fact, laughed occasionally at some scenes cos it was quite funny !!!!

After the movie, we went to City Square Mall for lunch at the Saizeriya (Japanese-Italian) restuarant. Daddy heard of this from his colleague that it was value for money, so we went some time back with 公公 and family. This time, we decided to go back there to try other dishes.

And I ordered this dish .... black squid ink pasta !!! I saw 公公 eating that the other time and I thought I want to try also (adventurous right ???)


And the end result was ....


Everyone laughed at me ... and I laughed at myself also .... ha ha


姑姑 tried to clean my mouth at the end


But still have a tinge of black on my upper lips !!! Ha ha


Enjoyed my lunch a lot and especially the movie Toy Story 3 !!! Been a long time (about 4 years) since Daddy and Mummy stepped into the cinema so it was a good experience for them as well ... look forward to my next movie !!!! Wonder when that would be ... hmm .....

1 comment:

average Joan said...

eeks. i hope that is not real squid ink!