My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cameron Highlands - Day 1

Hooray !! I am going on a trip again and with Joel and family. This time is a 4 day 3 nights Cameron Highlands trip, which means Joel and I have to skip school again, for 2 days !!! Ha ha

爷爷 and 奶奶 sent us to the airport.



And once Joel and family was here, I just had to take a photo with Joel .... with our care bears !!!


We took Jetstar to KL airport ....

And how can I miss out taking a photo with Camille. This time round, Camille seemed to get used to me. At least, she did not resist when I put my arm around her ....


Once I boarded the plane, I was so bored (even though it was just about 50 mins travel time), that I took a pen and some paper and started writing my Letterlander friends !!! 'F' is the furthest I can manage so far .....


Reached KL airport and we had to take a monorail to transfer to another terminal to collect our lugguge.
At the immigration counter, something happened. We joined the long queue (and I really meant LONG queue, which could easily take more than 1 hr for us to clear the custom). However, 10 mins into the queue, a security officer signalled us to go to an empty counter to clear the customs .... Daddy and Mummy initially thought the security officer was kind enough to allow those with young kids to clear the custom faster, but they noticed that only we got this privilege, cos after clearing us, the officer closed the counter again, while the other parents with kids were still in the queue.
After a while, we figured out the reason .... simply because we (Joel and myself) were making a such a din at the customs hall that the security officer had no choice but to get us out ASAP before we tear down the KLIA!!! So having noisy kids sometimes is not a bad thing after all ... Anyone wants to bring the both of us on a trip so that we can help you jump q?? :) haha



Once we have collected our luggage, we rented a 7-seater MPV for the adventure to Cameron Highlands. Daddy and Uncle Telang took turns behind the wheel. The scenery along the way up to the highlands was fantastic


And see how comfortable the rest were, sitting behind. I was at the 3rd row in a car seat next to Mummy.

This was the 7-seater MPV (a 2L Toyota Innova). We finally reached the Equatorial Hotel after a 3.5 hrs drive

The Equatorial Hotel is the highest point in Cameron Highlands .... we chose a one bedroom apartment each and the exterior looked pretty nice ....

Comes with kitchen ... but no stove, no pots and pans, no chopping board or knives .... so why bother to provide a kitchen ????


Common bathroom .... unfortunately, the hot water tap cannot work at all !!

The master bedroom toilet ... at least the hot water tap works ... but with a very low water pressure. And we need to wait at least 30 mins in between each shower to get hot water


Master bedroom .... quite decent, with a small TV and king size bed !!!


Living room ... decent size with a sofa bed
And a very huge balcony overlooking other apartments and the hills !!!

For a 4 star hotel, does not seem to match its name ... the cleanliness of all open area is quite OK, but for the hidden areas (eg. below the sofa), the floor was very dirty. On top of that, they only provide 2 bath towels (no face and hand towels). We have to pay to request for additional towels (this must be a 1st for a 4 star hotel in the whole wide world!!!! After charging people a 4* rate, still charge for towel!!! )Dun think we will go back to this hotel if we go Cameron Highlands the next time

After putting our stuff in the apartment, it was time to go for dinner. Mummy dressed me up like an eskimo since the winds at night were pretty strong

The apartments were outside the main hotel, so we had to walk there for a buffet dinner at the hotel restaurant. We had meal credits so dinner was covered under the hotel package.

After my main course / meal, I tried the chocolate fondue for the first time in my life. Ha ha. See my stained teeth !!!

And a satisfied look !!!

And eating butter by itself, to fatten myself up !!!

That night, I slept at about 11 pm

No comments: