My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Night Safari Experience

Daddy was involved in a network meeting in Singapore this whole week. And part of the network meeting routine, would be a social evening with the network members. Since Singapore is hosting this year's network meeting, the Singapore folks decided to treat the network group to the Night Safari experience. And family of network members were also invited to join the experience. So Daddy decided to bring Mummy and me along to the social event.

Daddy and Mummy told me about the Night Safari outing and when I asked what is the difference between the zoo (that I have been so many times) and the Night Safari, I got the impression that the place is really dark with all animals around me ... so I told Daddy and Mummy I was afraid of the dark, but part of me still wanted to go and see the animals (I have a passion to see animals) .... in the end, I agreed to go, with Daddy and Mummy protecting me from the darkness, ie. I sit in the middle of Daddy and Mummy on the tram ride

While waiting for the folks to gather, I took a photo at the entrance.

We were treated to the Gourmet Safari Express, ie. a feast on board a moving tram in the drama and mystery of the jungle at night (words taken directly from the website). And when Daddy checked out the price, he was SHOCKED !!! Per adult was $190+GST and child was $135+GST !!! Includes admission tickets and free flow of beverages .... the admission ticket alone is only $22 and the tram ride is $10, so that means the dinner costs $158 !!! And frankly speaking, it was just a 3 course dinner and nothing fantastic !!! Luckily it was on company account and therefore an experience .... would not have paid for this Gourmet Safari Express if we were to go by ourselves (see my main course .... something similar to fish and chips, but fanciful name ....)


I did enjoy myself during the tram ride .... was looking out for all the nocturnal animals on the left and right .... and playing with the stuffed giraffe (soft toy)



The tram ride lasted about 1 hr+ and by the time we completed the dinner and the ride, it was close to 930 pm .... so we decided to skip the Creatures of the Night Show so that I can get to bed and wake up in time for school the next day.

And once I reached home, I proudly placed all the 3 soft toy giraffe on my bed and made it into a mini zoo .... 1 monkey, 1 tiger and 3 giraffeS happily living together .... ha ha


And since Daddy bought cheap zoo tickets from his company again, I might be going to the zoo over the weekend !!! Hooray !!

No comments: