My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Turtle and Koi Feeding Time

The weather has been wet these few days, so this morning, when the weather is cooling with no sign of rain, Daddy and Mummy decided to bring me to the farms at Kranji Farmland for a walk .... very close to our house, at most 10-15 mins drive

Went to the Hay's Goat Farm as usual. Got tired to looking at milking goats ... then we proceeded to Hausmann Marketing Aquarium (similar concept as the Qian Hu Aquarium), not far from Hay's Goat Farm. There are activities like children longkang fishing, prawn fishing, fishing pond for members only and even fish spa. Of course, what I was interested in immediately was the Koi and Turtle areas ...

Fish spa area (taken from their website) ... of course when I went there, the place was empty ... maybe still too early for people to have fish area


Daddy bought $2 worth of koi and turtle food for me to feed them. Started with the turtles ... some of them were really big and I saw one baby turtle. Whenever I threw the food at the baby turtle, the other turtles were so fast that they snatched up the food before the baby turtle could eat it. So I had to 'aim' very accurately .....


Then Koi feeding time. No wonder they say Kois are really smart ... wherever I went, the kois just followed me, whether I had food in my hands or not. And I just loved the sounds that the kois made when they gobbled up the food that I threw at them ....



At least there are some farms near our home for us to enjoy once in a while .... Hope the government will not relocate the farms anytime soon ....

No comments: