My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, October 15, 2010

Japan Trip - Day 7 (Back Home)

On the last day, we made a trip down to the Tsukiji Wholesale and Fish Market. Since the weather was turning colder slowly, I was wrapped up like an eskimo, as I drank milk and made my way to the train station

However, we were too late, because when we reached there, the wholesale market was already closed. So we took a walk along the shops there. Saw a super long queue in front of this sushi stop. Must be really delicious

And we saw fresh wasabi, each stick only cost S$24. Really taste different from the normal wasabi we ate in Singapore restaurant.

And BIG BIG crabs ...!!!

And believe it or not, their salmon fish was so CHEAP !!! 5 slices for only S$16, compared to one tiny slice in Singapore for the same price. I should just migrate to Japan

And 1 big octopus for only S$16 as well


We bought a stick of BBQ salmon to eat ... they helped to BBQ for us on the spot

Time for some Japanese equivalent of Yong Tau Foo .... saw that store in Singapore as well

Bought one pack to eat as well .




Big lobsters and oysters !!! And they looked so fresh as well

All sorts of Japanese mushrooms, in all sizes

Beef .... 1 kg cost about S$40


And guess what that is ??? Fresh tuna !! And there was this Japanese uncle who bought the piece on the extreme top right corner. Guess how much that was ??? It cost him 20,300 yen, ie S$325 !!! Gosh, no wonder they say in Japan, salmon is the cheapest, compared to tuna and swordfish etc.


Then we found one nice restaurant and went in. Mummy wanted to try their sashimi, since they must be really fresh, near the fish market. I ordered my favourite egg and salmon roe sushi

And Daddy ordered his crab miso soup !!! The soup really tasted nice, absorbing all the freshness of the crab meat.

And came the main course .... sashimi with fresh wasabi. Mummy said she is not going to eat sashimi in Singapore anymore .... cannot compare with the real Japanese grade

And I tried the crab meat from the miso soup. Although it tasted rather bland (since the essence went to the miso soup), I still enjoyed that


Went back to our hotel to get our luggage and prepare to set off for the airport. Daddy managed to take a photo of the Hard Rock Cafe at our train station, near our hotel. The price of the food there is about the same as that in Singapore.

We reached the airport early at about 130 pm although our flight was only 550 pm. Reason is Daddy and Mummy wanted to shower me and then let me catch a nap in the airport lounge before we board the plane. However, the Japanese folks at the airport were pretty strict. They only allowed Daddy to bring onboard one guest to the lounge, even though I am only less than 4 years old (they allowed toddlers less than 2 years old into the lounge free). In the end, Daddy paid S$50 to get me a Red Carpet pass to the lounge. Seems like Singapore folks are less strict.

Anyway, I munched on the food there before I take my shower and nap


See both Mummy and me catching a nap at the lounge, while Daddy continued with his food ... haha


On board the plane, since I was so wide awake, I decided to play a fool using the blanket provided

And I made Daddy play along with me as well, otherwise, how could I endure a 6.5 hrs flight ....

Of course, I watched Madagascar as well on Mummy's laptop. After my dinner was served and eaten, I fell asleep at about 730 pm. Slept till 1130 pm and woke up, only when the plane has landed in Singapore. 爷爷 and 姑姑 came and fetch us home ....

That concluded my one week trip to Japan .... really enjoyed myself so much, that I am looking forward to my next holiday. Thank you Mummy for all the planning she made before the trip and Daddy for sponsoring the trip ... haha.
Where shall my next trip be ?? Mummy has said no more Disneyland adventures, otherwise it would be 3 consecutive years .... haha

1 comment:

Holiday in Paradise said...

Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures. Wow...

I like your blog.

Please visit:

http://baliholiday-digitalview.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.