My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Letter Game

Daddy bought this letter game for me quite some time ago (almost a year back), but did not let me play with it, since I was still too young to appreciate the game. Since recently, I have been exposed to words-forming activities in school, it is time for me to play the game

This is a 3-letter word game. The letters are kept in a container and the game is to form 3-letter words using the letters. Meant for 4 years and above ....

The word-rhyming game ... CAT, MAT, BAT, HAT, PAT ... the "AT" sound .... when Daddy and Mummy said CAT, I knew it starts with Clever Cat (C). MAT starts with Munchy Mike (M). HAT starts with Harry Hat Man (H). BAT starts with Bouncy Ben (B) and PAT starts with Petter Puppy (P). I learnt all those from Letterland in school !!! At least Daddy and Mummy knew I had been paying attention in class



姑姑 had taught me a few 3-letter words before ... so when Daddy tested me, I still remembered !!! ONE and BIG.





Then I learnt one 4-letter word : GOOD. When Daddy stretched me some more by testing a 5-letter word : NIGHT, I simply told Daddy

"I go get my pillow, OK"

Daddy and Mummy laughed out loud ... because I was smart enough to know that the words "Good Night" are sewn on my pillow case and the easiest way to spell NIGHT is to get my pillow out and spell the word accordingly ....

Tada !!! No mistake at all


Then Mummy told me to form my name ... in fact, I wrote my name on the teachers' day cards that I made previously so by right, I should know how to spell my name ... still missed some of the letters in my name (dunno whether it is because of mental block or not ... if kids do have mental block ... haha). Looks like I got to write my name more often. But the best part that I enjoyed most, is to draw letters from the container .... pull and push the handle and out came 2 letters !!!


Hope I will learn more words slowly by playing the game ....

No comments: