My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Hong Kong Trip - Day 5

Day 5 was the start of our Disneyland exploration. Early in the morning, we took the MTR to Disneyland. The train itself is uniquely designed with Mickey Mouse logos ....


Even the handles are in the shape of Mickey Mouse .....



The journey took about 3 minutes and we finally reached the Disneyland station. Even the station was designed with Mickey Mouse theme ... see Mickey magical hat as the pillar ....

We decided to check into Disneyland Hotel to offload our heavy luggage before we start our disney magical adventure ....
Going down Main Street, we headed for the FantasyLand as our first stop. Because it was Halloween festival, they had quite a number of Halloween related decorations and mascots

The famous Disney Castle. Mummy has been to Tokyo Disneyland, and they really had Cinderella inside the Castle there. But the Hong Kong one is so small, it really is just a prop for people to take pictures from outside.

To start me off, Daddy and Mummy chose the non-adventurous rides so that I can get used to such fun .... considering that I can get scared even watching cartoon movies.

Flying Dumbo ... exciting for me, but must be boring for Daddy

Spinning teacup .....

And the Carousel .... in fact, I was quite scared to go up there, until Daddy said I can choose my own horse to ride on .... so that managed to get rid of my fear




Then we proceeded with more adventurous rides ....

Going for a honey suckle ride in Winnie the Pooh story land. Since there was quite a queue, so we took some photos while waiting for our turn

Finally .... Hello Daddy !!

The ride was about the story of Winnie the Pooh and his friends .... in fact, the journey started OK at first until it came to a section of the ride which was pretty dark .... the story was about sky becoming dark since it was raining and flashing lightning and thunder .... then I got a little frightened and had to grab onto Mummy .... until the next section came when the sky cleared and the sun was out .... then I became my usual self again .... Daddy and Mummy thought the design of the ride was really good, and all the cartoon characters were really well-made

Next came the "It's a Small World" theme. For this ride, I enjoyed myself a lot. Throughout the ride, they kept playing "It's a Small Small World" song, but in different languages since we moved through different countries .... in fact, at the end of the ride, I could sing the chorus in English ....






Then we came upon photo taking sessions with all the Disney cartoon characters .... so of course I insisted on taking photos with each and every one there, even when the queue was pretty long for some popular characters ...

Gooffey ....

Then came Winnie the Pooh .... he is so much bigger than me !!!

And Mickey Mouse was the one that was very popular with a long queue .... but worth waiting for

Pluto came along later

And how can I miss Mickey's girlfriend, Minnie Mouse. In fact, her popularity was not far off from her boyfriend .... really 金童玉女 ???.

Definitely cannot miss out Donald Duck and Daisy Duck ... but they looked so different in their Halloween customes.

We were tired from all the walking (although the place is really small)....so decided to take the train that circles around Disneyland

From Fantasyland, we moved on to Tomorrowland. Dun think I am so skinny, I do have a lot of strength .... see my lifting the globe up with both hands .... tomorrow shall depend on the little princess, Jing Ting !!!


Dun believe me ??? Close up view on how I managed to lift the globe up.


Then we saw this very interesting robot ... it was a character from Muppet Show (err ... dunno his name already) .... he was doing an interactive show with a little boy from China ... and you know, Hong Kong people are not that good with Mandarin so the dialogue was really funny and hilarious ... in the end, he gave up and everyone had a good laugh, Watch the video and you can see how hilarious the Mandarin was



After my afternoon nap, we saw this High School Musical Dance performance on the street ... Daddy told me that this was really popular with the older teenagers ... the singing was really great although some of the performers were foreign talents (Filipino).

Towards the end of the performance, the performers started to get all the kids up on the performance "stage" and get them to follow the dance steps .... since I was sitting right in front, I was also "invited" up the "stage" .... Daddy and Mummy were surprised that I followed them ... see me in the middle of the video trying hard to follow the dance steps .... good or not ???



Next, we went to experience driving the car ... since I was below the height limit for a driver, I can only be a passenger beside Daddy .... while waiting for my turn, Daddy taught me a new song to prepare me for the driving experience ....

(Sing in the tune of "When you are happy")

We are driving in the car, in the car

We are driving in the car, in the car

We are driving in the car

We are driving in the car

We are driving in the car, in the car


Saw the street parade ....



After watching, we moved on to the last destination : AdventureLand. This is the place that I was most afraid of ... cos they featured tribal theme.
We took a river cruise in the boat .... something like the Safari, with elephants, zebras, alligators and monkeys...... they were so life-like!!!



See, even water sprouting out from a volcanic eruption .... I was quite scared and Daddy had to hug me very tightly.


On the streets of Disneyland, they have little carts selling souvenirs. See how I enjoy bursting the bubbles from the bubbles machine..... every time I walk pass them, I will stop to play with the bubbles for a while. Which explains why we couldn't cover all the sights in a single day although the place is really small.


Eating dinner by myself so that I can watch the Halloween parade later. We decided to visit this cafe as it was stated in the menu that they can cater to food allergies. So I managed to have a specially catered allergy- free kids meal!! YEAH!

Waiting for the Halloween night parade to start....


Finally started.... But I was scared...... partly because of the extremely loud music, and the scary Halloween characters. Mummy sort of regretted coming to Disney in Oct as they have the Halloween theme which I am scared of. Should have come in Dec for the Christmas theme?




The finale for the day ... FIREWORKS !!!! and guess what??? I AM SCARED OF THE FIREWORKS!!!! (Daddy and Mummy really don't understand why I am sooooo timid! Have to expose me to more things already....)


After the fireworks, we went back to the hotel for a good night's rest so that we can continue the next day.

More photos to enjoy ....

2 comments:

average Joan said...

i wan to go too!!!! looks so lovely though alot of pp say its so small!

Jing Ting said...

It is very small lah.... the actual park itself (excl the hotels, MTR station etc) is at most the size of our zoo only.... but with a toddler in tow who can only go up the kiddie rides, this is just the right size...