My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hong Kong Trip - Day 3

Day 3, we will concentrate on Tsim Sha Tsui and the vicinity. We decided to start the day with a relaxing Yum Cha..... On the recommendation by the Uncle at the hotel, we decided to try the dim sum at a restaurant that is just across the road from our hotel. The restaurant looks quite traditional (reminds Daddy Mummy of Red Star in Singapore). Turns out that the food is really traditional and yummy!! We ordered siew mai, pan-fried carrot cake, mini claypot rice, beancurd skin roll, char siew cheong fun and of course my favourite char siew pau. And I only ate char siew pau.... Daddy and Mummy said I really dunno how to appreciate good food!! And the best part is, the bill is only HK$92!!! That works out to be abt S$17.50 at the current exchange rate.... super value for money!!

Daddy, I am busy eating my favourite char siew pau, no time to comb my hair, dun take my picture lah!!!

Daddy can I order some more food??? more Char siew paus?


After the yummy dim sum breakfast, we went to Yuen Po Street Bird Garden where bird enthusiasts will bring their pets there and there are also a lot of shops there selling birds and other accessories.

I was so happy and excited to see so many different birds!

Fresh grasshoppers on sale there.....to feed the birds...... I was so excited to see live grasshoppers as I have a chinese book that has a song titled 小蚱蜢!!


See so MANY grasshoppers!



After that we walked around in the nearby goldfish street and I was fascinated by all the different types of fishes, tortoises, terrapins and other pets such as rabbits, guinea pigs, and I even saw hermit crabs!!! There were really A LOT of fishes!!!

After lunch, I fell asleep in the Ergo while Daddy and Mummy did their shopping... but actually they didn't buy anything much, since Daddy just came back from US, and the things there are a lot cheaper.

After I woke up from my afternoon nap, we ventured out to the Avenue of the stars to take photos..... the weather was super hot and sunny....



I kept wanting to put my little hands on all the hand imprints of the famous stars and then complain that they are very hot (so 小姐!). But obviously I have absolutely no idea who Jackie Chan is.. .... maybe they should have a mickey mouse or Barney hand imprint there? :)



I am now very good at selecting things that I want to take photos with.... so here we go.... all my requests hahaha...




Because it was mid-autumn festival 2 days before, they had a lantern display outside the HongKong Cultural Centre. The theme was in-line with the East Asian Games 09 that Hong Kong is going to host in Nov 09, so the lantern featured all the participating countries and sports.

Japan......



South Korea.....

The mascot playing Rugby....

Mongolia.....

Guam.....


As it was still too early for dinner, we went to a very nice looking building called Heritage 1881. It was a refurbished old police station built by the British.... now it is a nice place with all the posh shops and a very nice hotel.






Looks like a favourite spot for couples to take wedding photos .... Daddy secretly took a shot from the back, in case he kenna bashed up by the couple and their friends



I grew in love, taking photos in different poses ...






The sunset !!! And I thought it was a red ball in the sky


Night view of the lantern display .... very different from that seen in the day when all the lights on the lanterns were switched on

Macau...
Mascot playing table tennis....




The beautiful night scenery.....




Symphony of Lights performance





That marks the end of a tiring day at Tsim Sha Tsui..... tomorrow we'll be leaving the city and going over to Lantau Island!

More photos to enjoy ...


No comments: