My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hong Kong Trip - Day 2

Day 2 is actually the 1st day that we have in Hong Kong since we reached so late the previous day due to the flight delay. Today we will explore Hong Kong Island.

Went to a 茶餐厅 near our hotel for breakfast. Its actually a restaurant that is part of a small boutique hotel, so its cleaner and service is better.

As I am allergic to so many things, I only had chicken macaroni soup, while Daddy and Mummy had the traditional porridge and fried noodles.


Our first stop is the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens in Central. Mummy found out on the internet that it is actually free! The instructions in the internet was to take a bus from Central MTR station. But daddy saw on the map at the MTR station that it was a 2omin walk, so he said to try to walk there since its still very early and the weather is nice. BUT the map did not show that we had to go up on very very steep slopes.... so getting me to walk is obviously not possible. In the beginning, Mummy was carrying me on the ergo. But as the slopes got steeper and steeper, Mummy couldn't take it anymore and passed me over to Daddy..... see how steep the slopes were?


When we finally reached there, Daddy and Mummy were really tired out. I was on the other hand extremely energetic as I saw so many animals!

There were quite a lot of different species of primates in the Park ....





Guess what was I trying to imitate ???


Of course, the flamingo standing on one leg !!!

The Green House, featuring various species of plants and flowers



My favourite spot - the playground !!! Although it was small, the place was very clean and well-maintained. Would be a different story altogether in Singapore. That was why Daddy and Mummy allowed me to play in the playground. Actually we were very impressed that the animals were very very well kept and the whole place were very well maintained despite it being free. Of course, it doesn't have the big animals like elephants and tigers like the Singapore Zoo, but the fact that it has such a high standard despite it being FREE is already very impressive!!! Mummy and Daddy actually hope that we can have such high standards of free parks in Singapore.

See how happily I was running about

After the fun, we decided to go up to the Peak since we're already somewhere near the mid-levels. Waited for 5 minutes before the tram came

Once I reached the Peak, I was getting ready to enjoy myself ....


Saw this group of people bringing a total of 6 dogs out .... and I just love dogs, especially when they are so cute and not that big size


Getting ready for my Disneyland exploration 3 days later .... Insisted on taking photos with Mickey and Minnie Mouse when I saw them at The Peak




Scenic view at The Peak






After lunch on the Peak, I fell asleep in the ergo. Then Daddy and Mummy went shopping at Central. We went to Sogo, walked one round and left. Nothing much to buy and it was toooo crowded.
Then went back to Mongkok, Langham place for dinner. Was really a "Drama Queen" that evening. Since I did not finish my afternoon milk, and after all the fun and running about, I was really hungry in the evening. So I was putting on my drama, "screaming" in public for food !!! So once food came, I decided to feed myself and wasted no food at all !!! So the trick to get me to feed myself is to starve me a little .... ha ha

After dinner we went to Women's Street ....

Daddy bought me a dress there .... the stall owner asked for HK$120 but Daddy said he was willing to pay only HK$90 and wanted to leave. In the end, the stall owner quite readily sold the dress at HK$90. Daddy regretted .... should have asked for HK$60 and then bargained upwards .... sigh

Then we walked back to the hotel from there..... super tired already

More photos to enjoy ....

No comments: