My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 19, 2008

An Educational Adventure

Today, Daddy and Mummy brought me to Woodlands Regional Library after dinner ... Although Mummy has brought me to the Choa Chu Kang Community Library few days back, I enjoyed the library at Woodlands, because it is very very much bigger in size (regional, of course bigger than community lar !!!)


The moment I reached the children's level, I saw this very big tree in the middle .... mostly green leaves but some red ones, like those kinds you see in cold countries during Autumn ... There is even an owl inside the tree trunk !!! Then I start to wonder : How can they manage to grow a tree inside the building .... doesn't the tree need soil and nutrients to grow ??? I bet the next time I go back there, it will wither and die ....



Then I saw something that made my mouth go WIDE OPEN (even a housefly can go inside) !!!! There are 2 big mushrooms in front of the tree. Being curious, I went to touch and smell them ... look at the size of the mushrooms when I squatted down. They are ENORMOUS !!! How to eat them like that ? Need a monster-big mouth to put everything inside. But then again, I never have any interest in food, so why bother .... (by the way, how come got slippers in front of the mushrooms har ??? So unhygenic !!!)


Next comes this very big globe, with the title "Window to the World". Sounds so "cheem" to me ... like someone stays inside the globe and peeps out of the windows .... Daddy said, it means similar to that, ie. as a kid, I need to explore different parts of the world and different things in life, and slowly build up my knowledge, just like opening the windows to various parts of the world.


Having heard what Daddy said, I decided to start my little adventure around the book shelves to see what I can borrow .... and open the little "windows to the world" .... I found an interesting book and wanted to offer it to this Malay gor-gor, but he ignored me !!! So I decided to try my luck somewhere else (poor Daddy, he had to pick up my book and return to its original place, ha ha). I had this book in my hands and when I saw this Malay jie-jie. I wanted to make friends with her by exchanging my book with hers (more like I am snatching her book, instead, ha ha), then Mummy stopped me and laughed .... only after that, then I realised, I was holding on to the book called "Book of Bad Manners" !!! No wonder Mummy laughed and said I needed to read that book.




In the end, I decided on 2 DVDs : Baby Newton (discovering shapes) and Baby MacDonald (a day on the farm) ....




Next time, will ask Mummy to get Mandy jie-jie and Philson gor-gor to go library together !!! Then each of us can sit on the mushroom and see the world through the windows !!!

3 comments:

K said...

ok ok we go library. but u bot scared philson starts throwing books ard?? hehehehe

Jing Ting said...

Hehehe.. ask Auntie CF to pick up for him lor... kekekeke

average Joan said...

i live in woodlands and didnt even know the library got baby einstein dvds!

will the librabrian kick kate out if she go in and start her usual screaming?

didnt know jt kena rotavirus..poor thing..and now too old to take the jab liao...