My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 4, 2010

I can eat eggs now

Finally went for my Food Challenge at KK hospital. The blood test showed negative for my eggs, milk and peanut allergy, but the doctor said it was more prudent to do only the egg challenge first, then come back for milk challenge. The peanut challenge will only be done when I am 4-5 years old as reactions from peanuts can be very severe and the doctor feels there's no need to take the chance since peanuts has no real nutrition value anyway.

So Mummy prepared 2 hard boiled eggs, some steamed rice and my favourite pork floss for the food challenge. Did not have my Isomil nor any breakfast since the nurse told Mummy that I should be hungry and eat my eggs readily. Ha ha. So we arrived at 9.30 am and started the challenge. There was a dietian (who cut up the egg into small defined portions), a nurse who monitored my reaction as I ate the eggs and the doctor, in case there are complications .... and I was doing colouring, playing with toys etc, as I ate the entire hard boiled eggs over 2 hours (started with only egg yolk first) ....

No reaction from the eggs, except for some red spots around my mouth. But the doctor felt it was due to my bad habit of using my tongue to lick my mouth constantly, not due to the egg allergy. So after waiting another 1 hour after finishing the whole egg, the doctor declared that I AM READY TO EAT EGGS ANYTIME !!! The doctor told Mummy that she will schedule the milk challenge 2 months later and see my response. When I heard that, I asked Mummy to bring me back to KK hospital tomorrow, because once I pass the milk challenge, I CAN EAT CHEESE ALSO !! Ha ha

So after the food challenge, I went back to school in the afternoon. And the first thing I did was to go around telling everyone that I can eat eggs .... the principale, cook auntie and all the teachers were so happy for me, they came to hug me to congratulate me.

And now, I am happily eating omelette and CAKES .... catching up on lost time. Ha ha

2 comments: