My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 18, 2010

Enrichment Classes

Starting this year, my school offers optional enrichment classes for those in nursery class. The enrichment classes include swimming lessons (at Arena Country Club swimming pool, directly below my school), music appreciation lessons and maths lessons conducted in Mandarin. Daddy and Mummy decided to enrol me in those enrichment classes since it is very convenient (right in school).

Daddy and Mummy bought a pair of goggles for me. They had to go to many shopping centres before they finally found one smallest size that can fit my tiny face. Ha ha. Since I already have my swimming outfit, I do not need to get one. The swimming school gave a free swimming cap to every student as well. In fact, the swimming instructors are early childhood trained to provide lessons to very young students, like myself. So far, I have attended 2 swimming lessons and enjoyed myself a lot. Just that, I am still afraid to have my entire body submerged in water. Think a few more times and I should be OK. Daddy, must bring me to Auntie Esther's place for swimming over the weekends !!!!

As for the maths lessons, the teacher told Daddy and Mummy that I am the first to complete the exercises everytime. The first lesson is about logic thinking, ie. looking at patterns and then picking out what comes next or looking at patterns and see which is the odd one out etc. Eager for my second lesson this week.

As for the keyboard lessons, Daddy and Mummy need to get some feedback from the music teacher first. Wonder if I can be the next Chopin or Glenn Gould

The only downside of the enrichment classes is that I only have 1 hr of nap time in the afternoon, while those who did not participate have another 1 hr more to sleep. But Daddy and Mummy feel that eventually I will have to get used to less nap in the afternoon as I grow up. So for those 3 days, they will make sure I sleep latest by 830 pm so that I can have close to 11 hrs of sleep at night. No problem for me to fall asleep early at night, especially on Mondays, which is swimming classes !!!

1 comment:

The Beauties In Our Lives said...

Very interesting lessons :) How lucky! Dun worry about napping...Annette stopped her PM naps in December, and is coping well with sleeping at 930pm to 8am, also about 11 hours of sleep!