My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

1st Zoo Outing in 2010

We began our first zoo adventure in 2010 on Sunday ... since we have been to the zoo quite frequently for the past few months, this time, we focused on animals that we have not really seen before, or activities that we wanted to explore more ...



This time, we went to the elephant feeding area early so that Daddy can buy a full basket of food for me to feed the elephants ... never know that elephants also eat carrots !!!
By the way, do you know rabbits are not supposed to eat carrots everyday because carrots are too sweet for them !!!



After feeding the elephants, I was looking at the map to decide where I should go next .... really tough decision



The show at the Splash Amphitheatre intrigued us the last time, so this time, we went there almost 30 mins earlier than the start time to get seats (we had to stand all the way at the back the other time). Taking a photo with Mummy before the show starts

This time, the performing sea lion is Philip, not Carlos .... the show content is similar, with one additional performance ... Philip is supposed to resist eating the fish in front of him unless his trainer gives the signal (permission). And Philip really curbed his desire to eat the fish .... amazing

And this time, Mummy managed to catch a photo of Philip kissing me on my head


Daddy and Mummy wanted to watch the show "Rainforest Fights Back". But when I saw the sign and the amphitheatre, I refused to go in because I still remembered the bad uncle who wanted to cut down the rainforest and make $$$ by converting it into a commercial use. Daddy and Mummy tried very hard to convince me to watch the show and they succeeded in getting me to sit down in the amphitheatre ... but once the show started, I started cry and once again, we left the place within 2 min with me in tears ....

Then we went to the reptile and tortoise enclosure .... saw this pitiful tortoise which was upside down .... he was struggling to turn back, but failed ... Mummy was afraid that he might die because the upside tortoise cannot survive for long .... but Mummy figured the zookeeper will help it during the feeding time.

Then came the Komodo dragon

And I am not lying when I said it is really big .... and ugly !!!


The horned lizard (iguana) ... Daddy and Mummy wanted to visit the snakes...but I refused to go. Just pulled Daddy away

Everything has to be BIG .... see this giant tortoise (2nd largest in the world).



Must take a photo with the jewel of Singapore Zoo ....

Of course, the adventure has to end with some water fun in the Kidz World .... spent 45 mintues playing with water, before I finally agreed to go wash up.

Think it will be some time before I go back to the zoo .... until Daddy gets some cheap tickets from his company ....

No comments: