My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 6, 2009

National Day Celebration in School

Today, my school is celebrating Singapore's 44th birthday. Since Singapore's colour is red and white, all of us (almost all ... definitely Joel was not in red and white .... Auntie Winnie and Ms Kristy were not able to coax him to wear the national colors .... ha ha) are dressed in that colour combination. Parents are invited to the celebration since each class is supposed to put up a performance item (and yes, parents are encouraged to dress in red and white too)

So the night before, Mummy kept trying to 'psycho' me that during the celebration, there will be many parents around and told me not to have stage fright. She also psycho me that Daddy and Mummy will be there to support me and cheer me on, but upon seeing them, I must not run to them and refused to perform (that was what happened last year during the Christmas celebration) ....

On the actual day, I wore my red and white pokka dot dress and Daddy and Mummy also went there dressed in national colours.

The performance order is as follows :


Each class will perform an English song and a Chinese song.

The stage ... and parents sitting to watch the performance

She looked so fierce because she was stunned by Daddy, who took her photo by surprised .... in fact, 陈校长 is very kind and caring to all of us.

Opening speech by the principal 陈校长. She almost lost her voice but still managed to deliver her speech .... told the parents that the teachers and students invested a lot of effort for the past 2 weeks to put up this performance .... Hooray to the teachers and all my other friends !!!!



First to perform is the K2 group. See all the big brothers and big sisters performing ... really very good hor ....




Then comes the K1 kids. Also very good performance, especially the beginning part where each pair of students say something about Singapore



Nursery class .... poor little girl in white holding the star and everyone rushed towards her ... she must be suffocated. Ha ha. Everyone thought that was funny.




Then finally, my class to perform !!! Ms Kristy and 宋老师 put in a lot of effort to teach and guide us so cannot disgrace them ... must put up a good performance.

Ms Kristy (in shocked look) offering a drink to Daddy and kenna taken a photo ....


宋老师 as usual smiling happily


The first song "Stand Up for Singapore" .... In fact, Daddy has helped me prepare for the song by burning a CD with this song and kept playing in the car for the past 1 week. Daddy was thinking this is the first time in his life that he is so patroitic to keep listening to the National Day song ... ha ha !!! What to do, I am QUEEN mah !!!!

Preparing for the performance

Waiting for the music to begin ... see the way I sit ?? So not lady-like

Dancing away happily


Holding my hat to prevent it from falling off


My best friend Liang Ying was standing beside me when we performed. She is the oldest in the class (Jan baby) and I am the youngest (Dec baby) .... see the difference in size when we stood together .... to show that we are best friends, Liang Ying suddenly hugged me during the performance (definitely not part of the performance) and we ended up hugging each other (see around 1 mins 45 secs into the video) ..... everyone was laughing when we did that !!! Ha ha

Then the second song, 小小兵 ....

Next comes the toddler class ....


Few days back, Trisha got stomach flu and was hospitalized .... luckily she recovered on time and could join the celebration today. Auntie Peipei was so afraid that Trisha would see her during the performance and refused to perform, so she hid behind Daddy all the time while watching her



See Issac (the one on the left) .... isn't he cute ???




After all the classes had performed, it was time for everyone to sing together ...





Then lunch came !!! Every parent contributed something to the celebration. Mummy made chicken floss sushi (something that I love to eat)

Since every kid was drinking Milo and I cannot drink, so Ms Kristy gave me Ribena instead.


And that was it !!! I kept drinking my Ribena and refused to eat the food on my plate ....



Still holding on to my Ribena tightly while Mummy was trying hard to have me eat sushi


See Joel's granny .... and evidence that Joel was not in red and white !!!

Munching away a chicken drumlet happily .... Can I advertise for KFC ???? In the end, I ate 5 pieces of sushi, 2 sausages, some beehoon, a chicken drumlet and a little bit of fishball, and of the whole box of ribena!!!!! (This is the 1st time in my life that I've tasted ribena.... Mummy doesn't give me sweet drinks..... I'm so deprived hor..)

Daddy and Mummy are so proud of me ... despite I am the youngest in the class, they felt that my performance was definitely on par with the older kids .... and definitely I have done a lot better compared to last year when I was in toddler class. All the teachers in my school told Daddy and Mummy that I love to perform and I always sing the loudest in class!!!

I enjoyed myself tremendously.... looking forward to my next performance!

No comments: