My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Road Trip to Melaka

Daddy decided to take a break from work so over the weekend, we decided to drive up to Melaka .... we left the house at 7 am to beat the traffic. Took about 3 hrs, before we reach great grand aunt and uncle house.

The moment I stepped inside the house, I went ga-ga ... because there were so many cats !!!! Wanted to touch and sayang them, but the moment they saw me, they ran away .... one even hid under the table and refused to come out ....

So in the end, great grand aunt had to hold on to the cats so that I can "traumatise" them !!! Ha ha


We went for lunch before we checked into Mahkota Hotel.

Daddy, I want to take care of my own luggage ....

Are we ready to go up to our room ?

Daddy, dun put your face so close to mine ....

Finally, we reached our room ... a one bedroom apartment. The living area so that Daddy and Mummy can watch TV, eat tidbits in the living room after I have slept in the bedroom

The kitchenette, complete with stove and washing area ... a small dining table also. But since we were staying only for one night, we did not intend to cook. But actually, the hotel is pretty run down .... pity that they did not maintain it, otherwise the apartment will really be fantastic.

After my nap, we went to the nearby Pahlawan megamall ... the place is really BIG. Because next week is the Malaysia National Day, so there were some patriotic Malaysians giving out free national flags to the shoppers .... I took two and kept waving them about happily. People can easily mistake me for a Malaysian .... ha ha

Singing the Singapore national day song while flying the Malaysian flag .... ha ha



Then the ABC song ... I was really in a happy mood

Next stop was the Eye on Malaysia .... similar to the Singapore Flyer but smaller in size. One would have thought that this will really be a great tourist attraction, but the road signs to the Eye is really pathetic : small !!! If you do not open your eyes while you drive, you can just miss all the signs.

Upon reaching the place, there is really NOTHING there, except the Eye itself .... no proper shops and restaurants, just 3 tents selling local food and merchandise ....

Anyway, took a photo in front of the cubicle


The Eye on Malaysia from far .....

Tickets priced at RM20 each for adult. 50% discount for Malaysians .... much cheaper than the Singapore Flyer. Each cubicle can accomodate 4 persons comfortably but could squeeze 6 maximum.



The Eye on Malaysia turned faster than the Singapore Flyer .... and think the Eye made a total of 6 rounds before it stopped .... actually, Daddy and Mummy could not remember how many rounds exactly because after the first 2 rounds, it became monotonus .... the place was still under construction and the scenario was not really great.

We met great grand uncle for dinner at a Hakka restaurant .... the restaurant is a family owned business and the food was really great. Simple but yet great taste. After dinner, we took a walk down Jonker Street, where they have a parsa malam.

The next day, we had buffet breakfast in the hotel ..... took my milk before that, but I just cannot resist the food at the buffet spread ... so took a bit of lasi lemak with chicken sausage (great for Daddy since they do not serve pork .... Daddy has no affinity to pork. Ha ha). Then Mummy gave me some corn flakes and I got addicted to them ....
Daddy, dun disturb me .... I want to concentrate on eating my corn flakes


After breakfast, we wanted to go to the town centre to visit the St Paul's cathedral. However, it was drizzling so we went to Tesco for some shopping. Daddy and Mummy bought 9 Sebamed shower oil for me because each bottle is less than 50% of Singapore's sales price !!!
After that, we met up with great grand aunt and uncle for lunch. But before that, great grand aunt brought us to a Peranakan food fair organized by the Peranakan association

And we witnessed a couple doing the traditional peranakan dance ... really like the dance in the show "Little Nonya".

Had lunch at a Chinese restaurant.
After lunch, we drove back to Singapore to avoid the evening crowd .... really tired but just thinking of the cats was sufficient to give me sweet dreams !!!!

2 comments:

Jellybean said...

We were in Melaka the same weekend, and in the hotel just across from you!! : )

isishui said...

hehe... we went to eye on m'sia too.. agreed that aft 2 rounds, we found the ride monotonous too.. :P the road sign was bad.. we missed it once n had to circle round jonker street b4 we found the sign again.. :P