My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

A Morning at Kranji Countryside

Daddy and Mummy wanted to bring me to Desaru (fruit farm, animal farm etc) at the last minute but all the resorts there were fully booked for the weekend.

Therefore, they decided to bring me to the Kranji Countryside farms in the morning. Went to the D'Kranji Resort. Supposed to have some vegetable and fruit farms there ...

My first encounter with mimosa .... fully amazed that the leaves close when I touch them ... kept touching the leaves and enjoying myself, until Daddy's toe kenna bitten by some insect (suspect small centipedes crawling all around)

Lady's finger plant .... can see or not ???

The little chilli padi plant .... I always tell Daddy and Mummy "Later I am big, I can eat OK ?". I use this phrase everytime Daddy and Mummy tell me I cannot eat.

Dunno what plant this is ....should be some orchid.... Daddy took a photo because the red flowers look so nice

Wow, the greatest bunch of bananas I have ever seen on the tree ....

Close-up view ..... I just love bananas !!!!

Guess what is this plant behind us ???? Looks like a cactus, but definitely not a cactus plant

Figure that out ??? It is a dragonfruit plant !!!! See this unripe dragonfruit growing on the stem that looks like a cactus .... this is a red flesh dragonfruit

Another dragonfruit ....almost ripe ....the white flesh type

See how the dragonfruit plant looks like ??? Daddy thought it looked like some monster plant with tentacles spreading all around !!!
Then we proceeded to the Hay Goat Farm .... wanted to go and feed the goats, but AVA imposed the rule that the goat feeding section got to be closed to public to avoid contact with people. So can only see the staff milking the goats and looking at the goats from far ....




Finally, we went to Bollywood Veggies to have lunch there .... supposed to serve organic food there. But the place has a very very big plantation behind the restaurant, so we decided to go take a walk around before having lunch.

In front of the hut that Mas Selemat has stayed before .... Ha ha. Of course not lar !!!!
See the padi plant that we get rice from ???

Custard apple plant


Another banana plant, but this time with a big flower at the end !!!!

Soursop tree .... as we walked past it, can smell the nice aroma from the tree

After the walk around the plantation, we proceeded to eat at the restaurant. The food taste good .... ordered stewed papaya chicken, papaya salad (really fresh and taste better than those at the thai restaurants), chicken curry, sweet potato leaf soup (was a bit gross where they mash up the sweet potato leaves and make a soup out of it .... too healthy for my liking !!!), kang kong and brown rice. The place has been in operation since 2001 ... and they even won the Dine and Wine awards for the past 2 years !!!!

Saw this sign on every table in the restaurant .... pretty funny

Mummy saw some organic bananas at the restaurant and since I just love bananas, she bought me some. The organic banana really looks different from the typical banana (eg. Del Monte) sold in supermarkets .... See how I enjoy eating my banana

Daddy and Mummy also tried the organic bananas. Then Mummy spat something out !!! Such a big black seed inside the banana !!! The owner of the restaurant explained this is Thai species and considered to be bad species (bad root) ... so once they discovered that the bananas have seeds in them, they will stop growing this species and cut off the root ...

See how I enjoy serving Daddy and Mummy their food. Should I charge them service charge instead ???



Final destination after lunch is the Aeroponics Farm .... supposed to be the first in the world .....

Guess who we saw !!!

Beautiful flowers ??? Guess on which plant are they found on ???

The answer is here .....
Fresh butterhead for sale

Close-up view of the butterheads .... really fresh right ???
Daddy wants to expose me to nature more often so that I do not grow up as a shopping centre kid .... so next week, looking forward to a trip to the Seletar Animal Farm with my favourite friend, Joel and his little sister, Camille !!!!

No comments: