My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Morning at Sembawang Park

Since the morning was pretty sunny and clear, Daddy and Mummy decided to bring me to Sembawang Park for some morning adventure. Has been a long time since we went to the park / outdoor since I was down with HFMD and then flu. Time to get back some Vitamin D !!!

Started my morning adventure by cycling around the park


Lots of greenery with shade .... and lots of people pitching tents in the park. In fact, there was this big (think easily 50 people) muslim group having potluck there



Further down, we saw a nice playground which was adopted by the schools around the area

There were many slides of varying design and heights in the playground. The pink curvy one at mid height

The green, less curvy one at height slightly higher then the pink one

The lowest beige slide, meant for toddlers ....

And of course, there were the highest orange and green straight slides on the other side of the playground ... and guess which slide I went down on ??? Of course the shortest beige slide !!! Daddy almost fainted because I kept saying all the other slides were too high for me

Hardly do you see a playground with sand around in neighbourhood parks ... so we played with sand for a while. See my shoe print ... big right ????


But compared to Daddy's shoe print on the right, mine became so small !!! Must eat more to grow bigger and taller !!! No, just bigger, can already, since I am 75% in height

I tried the swing .... liked it initially


Then after a while, see how I was screaming to come down .....


Mummy rested on the bench, guarding our bicycle, and a home made kite (bought from Daiso). Mummy made that the night before so that we can fly the kite that morning.


See how Mummy designed the kite, with my name on it

I loved butterflies !!!


However, unfortunately, that morning, there was not too much wind, so we had to postpone the kite flying plan till the next time

We walked down and saw many people fishing under the hot sun .... Real passion for fishing

The Beaulien House Restaurant in the park.


Entrance of the restaurant .... colonial style building, pretty nice


Today's Special menu .... western food, does not seem too suitable for me

As we were about to leave the park, there was quite a breeze so we tried to fly the kite ... but failed. The wind was just not strong enough to lift the kite to the sky.

After Sembawang Park, we drove further and less than 5 mins, we arrived at the Bottle Tree Village. Really at the end of the road, with a restaurant in the village



A nice pond inside the village

And the famous Bottle Tree !!! There are 2, one on each side of the road

Other than that, the place is not too fantastic .... and not too many people. Wonder how long the restaurant can last
We went to Sembawang Shopping Centre (SSC) for lunch since there is aircon. And then back home to bathe and take my afternoon nap .... slept for 2 full hours since I was too tired with all the manual activites !!!

1 comment:

Bernard said...

the last time mandy played at the playground, she was climbing up the longest ladder and sliding down the highest slide by herself. *faint also* she loves ladders. luckily she's generally quite careful.

kei