My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Down with Viral Infection - Day 1 in Hospital

I am down with viral infection since last Friday .... fever went up to 40.5 degC. Had to miss the Mummies' gathering on Friday and my school carnival on Saturday !!! Wanted to pass the carnival tickets to Joel gor-gor but when Daddy called Uncle Telang, he realised that Joel was down with high fever on the same day as well .... so coincidental.

So Mummy called Ms Kristy in school on Monday and told her that I will be out of school for the next few days .... and Ms Kristy said she only have a handful of students in class that week. All were sick .... so that confirmed that this viral fever thingy has affected my class.

Went to see the GP on Friday but did not get well over the weekend. So went down to KK Hospital A&E in the wee hours .... suspected viral fever, given medication and went back home .... still no improvement (Daddy checked with Joel gor-gor and he also has no improvement).

Since the high fever lasted 6 days, Daddy and Mummy admitted me to KK hospital for observations and checks .... found slight bronchitis and they started me on antibiotics. Hopefully I get well soon ..

So everyone came to visit me and kept me entertained ..... 公公, 爷爷, 奶奶 and 姑姑. I was a bit cranky and wanted someone to play with me .... and 姑姑 happened to be on half-day leave so I enjoyed myself in the afternoon, playing with her. In fact, Daddy had to have 姑姑 distract me so that I will drink my Isomil and have my lunch.


But because of the H1N1 virus, the hospital only allows 2 visitors each time during visiting hours and only 1 caregiver during non-visiting hours ... that means only Daddy or Mummy can be around but not both .... quite stupid rule especially for young sick children, who will get cranky if the parents are not around .... so Daddy or Mummy cannot go toilet alone ..... so in the end, Daddy and Mummy 'argued' with the security to have 2 caregivers around. Ha ha.

Hopefully I can get discharged on Friday when the fever subsides. I miss my friends in school and all the gai-gai !!!

1 comment:

average Joan said...

take care!!!! *Sayang*