My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2008

My First Week in Infant Care

I finally ended my first week in infant care !!!!

Every morning, once Mummy has changed me out of my pyjamas, I will go and look for my schoolbag myself .... ready to go to school !!!

In the early part of the week, I still could not get used to the environment ... struggled when 林老师 took my temperature in the morning, struggled when Ms Thye Tai gave me my shower and refused to drink my isomil (actually I also refused to drink isomil at home, so no difference ... ha ha). My nap pattern has condensed from twice a day to once a day after lunch. Other than the above, I am OK, took my breakfast, lunch and tea break with no problems (in fact Mummy said I ate more in the infant care centre than at home .... will I put on too much weight ???), played and 'interacted' with other kids / toddlers with ease ....

But in the later part of the week, I almost treated it as if I am at home .... I am OK with temperature taking, showering while playing with toys ... and took part in activities .... and the best part is ..... I DRANK MY ISOMIL after 8 months !!!! Started with 20 mls on Wednesday, progressed to 180 ml on Thursday and Friday (the teachers over there were very patient and spoon fed me the isomil because I refused to drink it from my sippy cup) !!! Mummy was so happy for me .... she said if she knew I will drink my isomil, she should have put me in infant care long ago !!! 奶奶 said I need someone to discipline me .... ha ha.

Lunch was good, except when the child care served porridge and kway teow soup. Since I dislike soft food, Mummy had to prepare rice for me on those days. This week's menu ... a lot of variety hor ....

Mon : Garlic rice with raised lean chicken strips and spinach and mushrooms, apples
Tues : Plain rice served with steamed eggs (eggs replaced with potato and chicken for me), stir fried cabbage and lotus root soup, honeydew
Wed : Kuey teow soup with fish cakes and leafy green vege (I ate rice cakes with the vege), watermelon
Thurs : Chicken porridge with lean chicken strips, carrot, sweet potato and spinach (took my rice with the chicken and vege), banana
Fri : Macaroni soup with prawns, mushrooms and carrot strips and leafy vege (replaced prawns with chicken), honeydew

Pat's schoolhouse also has this 'communication book' thingy. Every day, Ms Thye Tai (since Ms Thye Tai only works the morning shift and would not see Daddy / Mummy at the end of the day) would write in the book how I spent my day in the child care centre, including things that she would like Mummy to take note of. Then Mummy would response back on a similar note .... this helps to make sure I am well taken care of ....



Looking forward to next week .... and Mummy starting her first day of work on Monday !!!

2 comments:

K said...

wow! she's doing extremely well! so proud of her! :)

average Joan said...

Sounds like going to childcare is really a good idea!... but I really dread having to take leave to take care of kate if she goes child care and fall sick easily!