My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Me at 4 years old

I am now officially 4 years old.

My vital statistics are:

Weight: 15.8kg (+/-500gm depending on whether its before or after food and milk) 60th percentile

Height: 106cm (approx) 88th percentile

Mental Development:

1) I am now super talkative..... Daddy and Mummy calls me Little Miss Chatterbox. I can talk non-stop for 1-2 hours ( I am not kidding!!) I will tell Mummy what happens in school everyday. I am also known as the Little Paparazzi in class..... can even tell Auntie Winnie whether Joel ate this vegetables in school or not!!!

2) I can express myself well in both Chinese and English.

3) I can recite 三字经(about 20%) and about 10 唐诗。 I can recognise many Chinese words and can read most of the words in a simple Chinese story book, with Mummy/Daddy filling in the difficult ones.

4) I can read/spell simple English word groups like *AT (e.g. CAT, HAT, BAT), *EN (HEN, BEN, TEN, etc), *OG (DOG, LOG, etc), *ET( NET, PET, etc)

5) I can do simple addition as long as each number is not more than 10

6) I still have no patience in colouring, although I CAN colour within the lines, I don't have the patience to colour nicely most of the time.

7) I can help Mummy with a lot of household chores now, e.g plucking vegetables, cutting mushrooms, cracking and beating eggs, water the plants, bringing the correct cutlery from the kitchen and distributing them on the table during dinner time.

8) I can go to the toilet all by myself.

9) I can change my own clothes after school.

10) I always want to offer my opinion on things, so now whatever Daddy and Mummy say, I will follow by " BUT I want......" or "BUT I don't want.....". Although my opinion is not always accepted by my parents, I still want to try and irritate them hee hee hee....

11) I am slowly becoming a vegetarian ... can eat lots of greens very fast, but when it comes to meat, I take a long time to chew

12) I can swim by myself using a float / board, need not have anyone support me at all

Overall, my development is still OK so far ... now that I am in K1, this means there will be more homework (serious stuff to learn), and less play ... Daddy and Mummy hope that I will continue to be enthusiastic in learning, and most importantly, continue to be the 快乐小宝宝 that I always have been...

No comments: