My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

HFMD

I am down with HFMD !!!!

Started with a slight fever on Fri morning, but went to childcare because I still behaved normal (used to have slight fever in the morning sometimes and become OK later in the day) ... I was still OK in childcare until when Daddy and Mummy picked me up after school ... my fever went high (about 39 degC) and started to have some blisters in my mouth ....

Daddy and Mummy brought me to see the doctor and confirmed I have HFMD .... dunno where I got the virus from but should not be from the childcare. Luckily this was after my birthday.

The HFMD strain this time is milder than before so only blisters in the mouth, nothing on the hands and feet .... but that was already terrible. Cannot take solid food at all, cos very painful. So for the past 4 days, I have been living on just soy formula and water and nothing else ... not even agar-agar, water melon or porridge.

Have to isolate myself for 10 days before I can go back school .... hope by the 5th day (according to the doctor), the blisters will be gone and I can resume my normal diet .... never really liked soy formula actually .... Daddy and Mummy hope since I have not tasted real food for a long time, I will have no problem with food when I recover .... err .... dunno leh

姑姑 was down with fever yesterday ... saw 2 red spots in the mouth ... hopefully she did not get the virus from me ...

*sob* *sob*

2 comments:

average Joan said...

oh my goodness! no wonder u din post in the forum some time...

jt, must quickly recover ok!

K said...

poor JT. get well soon! n dora, take care urself too ok?