My First Blog

Hello everybody,

I am little princess Jing Ting ... finally have my own blog because Daddy was bored and home-sick when he was in the States ... so decided to create a blog for me ! HOORAY !!!

Come and read my blog as Daddy and Mummy update it as regularly as they can

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

A Morning at the Seletar Farms

Today, Daddy, Mummy 公公 and brought me to the Seletar farms (actually nearer Jalan Kayu area) for a morning nature walk ....

1st Stop

A very big nursery with lots of flowers and plants .... 公公 wanted to buy organic fertilizers and some new plants for his house ...


So while 公公 is looking around, I also "looked around" by playing with the water fountain displays .... tried to stop the bamboo tube from turning the other way when it is filled with water .... if spoilt, then ask Daddy to buy back home ... ha ha




Stop 2

The Animal Resort .... admission is free and you only need to buy food to feed the animals ... so Daddy bought $4 worth of animal food for me ...


Feeding the goats with bread crust ... 2 goats in all, but the white goat is more greedy than the yellow one. In the end, the 2 fought against each other for food ..... since they are barricaded and cannot come out, I was not afraid of them even though they are of bigger size than me ....







Next comes the rabbits and guinea pigs .... Daddy brought this rabbit (illegally) out of its cage so that I can feed it easily .... instead of nibbling at the carrot, the rabbt actually bit off pieces of carrot very quickly .... can hear the crunchy sounds when the rabbit ate the carrot. When the rabbit was full, it started to hop about and out of its enclosure into wide open ... Daddy had to chase after the rabbit all around, trying to catch it back to its cage before it escaped too far away .....


And after that, I refused to feed any more rabbits that are not in their cages .... Mummy said I am so timid .... scared of hopping rabbits that are so harmless !!!

Feeding the ducks in the pond. Again bread crust .... easier to throw the food into the water and let the ducks eat them


Next is the koi pond .... the kois are smaller than those at Suntec City but more responsive .... when I threw the fish food into the water, all the kois rushed to the surface to eat .... can hear the water splashing sound loudly ... unlike those at Suntec City where they are all well-fed and "bo chap" me ... think over here, no one was interested to feed the fish except me !!!!

Feeding the parrots .... with bread crust again (universal food for all animals except for the rabbits) .... the parrot took the big bread crust using its curled beak and then moved elsewhere, transferred the crust to its feet and enjoyed the food slowly .... smart little creatures


Then this family of geese came over ..... since they are not barricaded, I hig behind Daddy and held tightly to 公公 and refused to feed them .... so in the end, had to make Daddy feed the geese while I looked .....



Next we went back to feeding the rabbits with the remainig carrots ... as long as the rabbits are enclosed, I dun mind feeding through the cage .....

There is also dog grooming, dog training and dog hotel in the Animal Resort.

Stop 3

The MycoFarm, selling fresh mushroom ... one of my favourite food !!!


Uncle (he has a doctorate, dun play play) demonstrating how to cook various types of mushrooms on the spot ... he only used salt and garlic as seasoning to stir fry the Shitake mushroom ...

I ate some Shitake mushroom from the sample .... YUMMY !!! Just plain seasoning brought out the natural flavour of the mushroom. See me blowing hard at the mushroom to cool it down faster.

Next, Uncle cooked the Coral mushroom (really looks like coral in the undersea) .... he added some bean sauce since the Coral mushroom taste a little bitter without stronger seasoning.

The place also sells BBQ shitake mushroom stalks (they took the shitake mushroom stalk,s marinated them in BBQ-honey sauce and grilled them .... taste like 美珍香 bak kwa) ..... In the end, Daddy and Mummy bought a whole variety of fresh mushroom back : Shitake, Abalone, Oyster and Coral mushrooms ....

After 1.5 hrs of nature fun, we went for lunch. I fell asleep in the car on the way back home .....

Never know Singapore also has its own little Animal Resort .... and the most important thing is, IT IS FREE ADMISSION !!!

1 comment:

average Joan said...

the animal resort looks fun! :) (i wan to go too!) and mushrooms..yummyyyyyyy